• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

where are files?

robinson718

Question

i have a dell dimension e521 with vista and roxio creator 9. i have burned at least 60 dvd's but now it tells me that there is not enough disk space. someone told me that the dvd's are written to a file before being burned and need to be deleteed to to copy more but i can not find these files anywhere. does anyone have any idea about this?

9 answers to this question

i used the "copy" portion of the software. it worked for the first 60 or 80 disks i copied.

The "copy portion" does not tell us very much at all. What program of the EMC 9 suite did you use to create the DVDs. Exactly what are your copying? Have you ever cleaned out the proxy files? How much free space do you have on your hard drive?

i have a dell dimension e521 with vista and roxio creator 9. i have burned at least 60 dvd's but now it tells me that there is not enough disk space. someone told me that the dvd's are written to a file before being burned and need to be deleteed to to copy more but i can not find these files anywhere. does anyone have any idea about this? i posted a while ago and did not get it resolved then either. here is my original post:

"I have Roxio Creator DE that come with my Dell. I have copied probably more than 80 dvd's with no prob, hten all of a sudden it won't complete the copy and I get this message: "There was an error writing the image to your hard drive. Please make sure you have 0 KB free on any one of your hard drives, then try the copy again." I have wasted 4-5 disks trying to fix this but cannot find any topic in the help files or on their website to address it. Anybody have any clues???

i have already defraged, delted temp files and all that other stuff. i am really starting to think this software is junk. where oh where is underdog when you need him????

I had same problem with Dell issued RecordNow. So, following your lead... I found the temporary files at this location: C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxxx\Application Data\Sonic\RecordNow! The files were named: RN!58.tmp (1_0).gi

It's a real shame they don't tell you where to find these things--as if it's some big secret. Stupid system really aught to clean up after itself!

i have a dell dimension e521 with vista and roxio creator 9. i have burned at least 60 dvd's but now it tells me that there is not enough disk space. someone told me that the dvd's are written to a file before being burned and need to be deleteed to to copy more but i can not find these files anywhere. does anyone have any idea about this?

It all depends on what program you used to burn the DVD's. What program did you use?

You burned 60 DVD's, with the software, and you are now beginning to think it is junk? :blink::blink::blink::blink:

First thing to do is to open up MyComputer, right click your drive and choose Properties then the Cleanup tab. Do this regularly to remove temp files.

Seems like you have the OEM version of Roxio 9 but if you open up MyDVD and go to Tools, Options, you should see where your DVD temp files folder is.

First thing to do is to open up MyComputer, right click your drive and choose Properties then the Cleanup tab. Do this regularly to remove temp files.

Seems like you have the OEM version of Roxio 9 but if you open up MyDVD and go to Tools, Options, you should see where your DVD temp files folder is.

where do i find "MyDVD"?

I wish Robinson718 would have seen this topic thru to full resolution; he hasn’t posted in 8 days. I also have the DE (Dell) version of the software so I’ve been monitoring issues with that version.

To clarify a few points about the DE version:

From Start>All Programs>Roxio Creator DE our only choices are “Home” and a folder where Projects can be saved. Selecting “Home” opens a screen that has tabs (called the Project Pane) for Audio, Backup, Copy, Data, Photo, Video and Tools. In the Home Tab>Applications it lists MyDVD, no others. A search of my C drive finds MyDVD9.exe in C:\Program Files\Roxio.

Nowhere in Tools>Options does it indicate where temporary files are kept but I did find a folder that I assume would be used for this purpose: C:\Users\<myusername>\AppData\Roaming\Roxio\MyDVD9\Temporary. My folder is empty but I have never used the “copy” feature, only the “data disk” feature.

Maybe Robinson718 will post an update to his problem so others can benefit from his experience.

Archived