• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Latest news gives a clearer message- one that wont please

shueardm

Question

There was a thread in a forum i was reading- can't remember which one, that had a rumour of the whole BD -R playback thing. Remember I stated that Pioneer had pulled the playback for the latest Australian model at the last minute (because they were told to)

From that thread there was a suggestion that there was to be a new version of BD media, namely BD-R 2.0 & BD-RE 3.0 and that HDMV would only be allowed to play off these discs.......... this of course would mean that all our discs would not play unless we copied them to the new versions!! Dang!!

Here's the first proof of that rumour coming to fruit.

From the latest Nero 8 software plugin that allows HDMV authoring ----- only to BD-R 2.0 & BD-RE 3.0-----

** Playback of BD-ROM 2.0 and authoring or playback of BD-R 2.0 and BD-RE 3.0 (BDMV formats) requires Nero 8.2 or higher.

Playback and authoring of BD-R 1.0 and BD-RE 2.0 (BDAV formats) requires Nero 7.8 or higher. Editing requires Nero 7.8 or higher and is not available in Nero Vision Essentials SE.

** Playback and authoring of Blu-ray Discs currently only supports BD-R 1.0 and BD-RE 2.0 (BDAV formats) and requires Nero 7.8 or higher

How long before this new media arrives? I think it will be some time, some more pain for us all too because the new media might need new burners.

2 answers to this question

There was a thread in a forum i was reading- can't remember which one, that had a rumour of the whole BD -R playback thing. Remember I stated that Pioneer had pulled the playback for the latest Australian model at the last minute (because they were told to)

From that thread there was a suggestion that there was to be a new version of BD media, namely BD-R 2.0 & BD-RE 3.0 and that HDMV would only be allowed to play off these discs.......... this of course would mean that all our discs would not play unless we copied them to the new versions!! Dang!!

Here's the first proof of that rumour coming to fruit.

From the latest Nero 8 software plugin that allows HDMV authoring ----- only to BD-R 2.0 & BD-RE 3.0-----

How long before this new media arrives? I think it will be some time, some more pain for us all too because the new media might need new burners.

I don't think we'll need new burners but may need newer burning software. I wonder all of this is for Profile 1.1 ?

Archived