• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Why can't I increase the transition time?

Dennis524

Question

Using Video Wave, I want to start my movie with a colored panel fading into view. I put a dissolve transition

in front of a panel. When I go to set the duration time of the transition it was preset at 1 second, it won't let me increase the time. I can decrease but not increase. Using the same transition in other parts of the movie

I can adjust the time. What would be the reasons why I can adjust the duration time in some transitions and not in others? Please help.

6 answers to this question

Using Video Wave, I want to start my movie with a colored panel fading into view. I put a dissolve transition

in front of a panel. When I go to set the duration time of the transition it was preset at 1 second, it won't let me increase the time. I can decrease but not increase. Using the same transition in other parts of the movie

I can adjust the time. What would be the reasons why I can adjust the duration time in some transitions and not in others? Please help.

Transitions are a combination by subtracting from the panels it is between. If you have nothing in front of it, there is nothing there to take away. As suggested, you need to add a black panel first

Start with a black panel in front of the transition. Set the duration to a little more than 1/2 the duration you want for the transition. The color panel following must be more than 1/2 the transition duration.

A transition "steals" 1/2 of its duration from the preceding image/panel and 1/2 from the succeeding image/panel.

What durations do you have for your images and what for your transitions? Does the slide show preview OK?

Slides have been set to 10 sec, transtions to 3 sec. There are 160 slides. Production length shows 00:18:44.03.

Seeing that transtions live insice slide times, I would expect the production time to be 1600 secs (26:40 ).

Preview is OK and slides seem to be approx 7 secs as expected.

Slides have been set to 10 sec, transtions to 3 sec. There are 160 slides. Production length shows 00:18:44.03.

Seeing that transtions live insice slide times, I would expect the production time to be 1600 secs (26:40 ).

Preview is OK and slides seem to be approx 7 secs as expected.

Yes transitions live inside of the accompanying slides/videos, but it also in effect causes the neighboring slides/videos to overlap each other. In you case, by apporx 3 secs each, for a total of approx 8 mins (160*3 = 480 secs = 8 min). so the production is shoretened by theose 8 mins when transitions are added.

:huh: The above answer solves a part of my problem with the sum of the durations and the transitions not adding up to the production time !

However, the sum of only the transitions is still much greator than the production time.

What durations do you have for your images and what for your transitions? Does the slide show preview OK?

Archived