• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Prolonged Burn

reg.hill

Question

:P I'm trying to burn a project and have just about had it. I started this last night and verified the project was good. It has no errors. I kicked off the burn and told my grandson that it will take a couple of hours to do. Well, it progressed to 26% and I thought it might be sooner than expected. We watched tv for a while and got back to the project and it was still at 26%. I did a Windows Task Manager view and the job is running, so I think, we'll give it 30 more minutes. After that time we checked, and it was still at 26%! CPU usage was about 2%, job still runnning.

I killed the job and wanted to just create the .iso file so I could copy it using another software package. So I restarted EMC 9.1 and was just creating the .iso file. After 45 minutes, it gets to 26% and we watch it. Same thing. after 30 minutes it's still at 26% and the job is running, but cpu is 2%. It's late, so I take my grandson home, come back and lookup help items online. Can't find any solution, so I start the same job again and let it run all night!!! I get up this morning at 7:00 and look and the thing is setting on 26%! It is now 9:38 and it is still on 26%, job is running, cpu at 1 - 2%.

Has anyone run into this situation before??? I'm at wits end and Roxio help doesn't answer phones until 11:00am EST - I'm CST, so that's another 2+ hours!! I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'm not killing the job until I know what to do. :o

Thanks

1 answer to this question

:P I'm trying to burn a project and have just about had it. I started this last night and verified the project was good. It has no errors. I kicked off the burn and told my grandson that it will take a couple of hours to do. Well, it progressed to 26% and I thought it might be sooner than expected. We watched tv for a while and got back to the project and it was still at 26%. I did a Windows Task Manager view and the job is running, so I think, we'll give it 30 more minutes. After that time we checked, and it was still at 26%! CPU usage was about 2%, job still runnning.

I killed the job and wanted to just create the .iso file so I could copy it using another software package. So I restarted EMC 9.1 and was just creating the .iso file. After 45 minutes, it gets to 26% and we watch it. Same thing. after 30 minutes it's still at 26% and the job is running, but cpu is 2%. It's late, so I take my grandson home, come back and lookup help items online. Can't find any solution, so I start the same job again and let it run all night!!! I get up this morning at 7:00 and look and the thing is setting on 26%! It is now 9:38 and it is still on 26%, job is running, cpu at 1 - 2%.

Has anyone run into this situation before??? I'm at wits end and Roxio help doesn't answer phones until 11:00am EST - I'm CST, so that's another 2+ hours!! I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'm not killing the job until I know what to do. :o

Thanks

Two things you can do. First, try Software rendering for you burn, to an .iso file. If it still hangs at 26%, then you have a corrupt file at the point, and you need to remove the problem file. It may be something as simple as a transition.

Archived