save as flash video

jmgamble

Question

I just purchased EMC10 after using Pinnacle software for a few years.

Is there a way to output video and save in flash format? I don't really want to upload to Youtube, just host a few small videos on a personal site. Flash seems be the easiest way for most people to veiw. Any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

I just purchased EMC10 after using Pinnacle software for a few years.

Is there a way to output video and save in flash format? I don't really want to upload to Youtube, just host a few small videos on a personal site. Flash seems be the easiest way for most people to veiw. Any suggestions?

The sites will convert the videos to the correct format if you send them the file.

From the You Tube help files.

"What video file formats can I upload?

YouTube accepts a wide range of video file formats such as .WMV, .AVI, .MOV, and .MPG transferred from most digital cameras, camcorders, and cell phones.

We've found that files converted from .wmv to one of the other formats our webpage accepts generally have a lower playback quality than other file formats. If you have your source video in a format other than a .wmv file, you may want to encode directly to MPEG4 (DivX, Xv id, SQ) at Cox resolution, with K Mono MP3 Audio. If you have a source .wmv in high butyrate and larger resolution you may want to convert to MPEG4 at full resolution and then resizing to Cox using a high quality resizing algorithm - this can help reduce the number of artifacts you end up with. "

Video Wave will allow you to convert to the proper format after you have done your editing. Use the output icon above the preview window in Video Wave.

Another easy way of doing it it to use the free copy of Buzz.

Thanks,

I've got no problems with the editing and saving off as AVIs or whatever. I really just wanted to save the videos as SWF or FLV files locally (maybe with some html around them) and was hoping there was something in EMC10 to do that. Sort of like Camtasia. I wanted to avoid loading to YouTube or other sites.

I tried Buzz but every video I tried to load crashed the program, whether I created it or not. I guess there is something conflicting with it in my setup. I'll spend more time troubleshooting it over the weekend.

So I wound up just creating a youtube account and loading the videos there then grabbing them in FireFox with download helper. It's more steps than I wanted to go through but it works.

Archived