Multiple overlays in a scene?

Okiegal2

Question

I am trying to edit video that is divided into scenes and put into VideoWave. I finally got a piece of video to go in as an overlay. Is there an easy way to create a custom overlay from video and save it as a custom overlay? (My way was not so easy) And...can you put more than one overlay into a scene? I tried once but it overwrote the overlay that was already in there. I am trying to put them in different portions of the scene. If I remember correctly, I could do this is EMC 8. Please help!

4 answers to this question

I am trying to edit video that is divided into scenes and put into VideoWave. I finally got a piece of video to go in as an overlay. Is there an easy way to create a custom overlay from video and save it as a custom overlay? (My way was not so easy) And...can you put more than one overlay into a scene? I tried once but it overwrote the overlay that was already in there. I am trying to put them in different portions of the scene. If I remember correctly, I could do this is EMC 8. Please help!

Go here for some ideas http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...ltiple+overlays

In Timeline view (Videowave application), click the Show/Hide Tracks. Click on the Add Overlays button as many times. Five is the maximum overlay tracks that you can have on the Timeline view.

As far as saving custom overlays, here is instructions from the online Help:

Saving a custom overlay

You can create and save a custom overlay that you have created based on the predefined overlays, or from a photo or video clip. Once you have saved a custom overlay, you can easily apply it to other photos, video clips, or productions in the future.

To save a custom overlay:

1. In the Preview area, right-click the Overlay you want to save as a custom overlay, and choose Save as Custom Overlay.

The Save Item dialog box appears.

2. Enter a name for your custom overlay, and click OK.

You can add up to 5 overlays to a video clip. Click on show/hide tracks and then click "Add Overlay" If you want to add your own overlay you can select the Media Selector and then drag any video/photo to one of the overlay tracks. Yoy will have to play around with the overlay editor to get the correct effect you want which can be tricky especially for a beginner.

Just to be pedantic: there are 5 overlay tracks, plus the internal overlay track, each of which can contain several overlays, depending on their duration and the clip duration. So in fact you can add many more than 5.

You can add up to 5 overlays to a video clip. Click on show/hide tracks and then click "Add Overlay" If you want to add your own overlay you can select the Media Selector and then drag any video/photo to one of the overlay tracks. Yoy will have to play around with the overlay editor to get the correct effect you want which can be tricky especially for a beginner.

Archived