• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd only plays 30 minutes

Hi all, when I burn a home made movie to DVD, everything works fine as long as my movie is 30 minutes or less. For the movies I burn that are 30 minutes or more ( max 60 minutes ), the movie plays fine in the dvd player for about 30 minutes, then it starts to tile and eventually stops. Any suggestions ????

Hi all, when I burn a home made movie to DVD, everything works fine as long as my movie is 30 minutes or less. For the movies I burn that are 30 minutes or more ( max 60 minutes ), the movie plays fine in the dvd player for about 30 minutes, then it starts to tile and eventually stops. Any suggestions ????

Sounds odd!!!

I looks like the Player is struggling with the DVD.

Could be as simple as changing brands (Verbatim is good) or may require you to change Type. 'plus' to 'dash' or 'dash' to 'plus' – assumes your burner can burn to both.

Another good procedure is to burn to File from Builder then use Builder to burn the file to disc. Don't know why but it seems to work better…

Of course having a disc or 2 of DVD RW media around to play with is a good idea.

Sounds odd!!!

I looks like the Player is struggling with the DVD.

Could be as simple as changing brands (Verbatim is good) or may require you to change Type. 'plus' to 'dash' or 'dash' to 'plus' – assumes your burner can burn to both.

Another good procedure is to burn to File from Builder then use Builder to burn the file to disc. Don't know why but it seems to work better…

Of course having a disc or 2 of DVD RW media around to play with is a good idea.

Thanks! Yeah I've tried those things. I create an ISO file first and then burn from the ISO file. I think you're right that my player is having trouble reading the whole file. It plays fine on the PC but stops after 30 minutes on the player.

Hi, I've been struggling w/this. I create an ISO file and burn to DVD from the ISO. It plays fine on the PC but when I put it in my DVD player, it plays fine for about 30 min and then stops. Is there something I can do to burn it better?

I mentioned the only possible cures regarding media… The fact that it plays on you PC indicates all is well with the burn.

The only thing left is to use a head cleaner on the Player and/or consider replacing it with one that is less particular.

If you go the replacement route, take a sample of burned DVDs with you to the store.

I mentioned the only possible cures regarding media… The fact that it plays on you PC indicates all is well with the burn.

The only thing left is to use a head cleaner on the Player and/or consider replacing it with one that is less particular.

If you go the replacement route, take a sample of burned DVDs with you to the store.

Thanks! I had a feeling it was my player having trouble reading the file. I'm hoping that as player technology improves, we won't be having these problems.

Archived