• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

achat ce matin Easy Media Creator 10

Tristel

Question

13 answers to this question

This thread has gone in the wrong direction because of mistranslation from the French (sorry Big Dave, but French is my native language).

What the OP actually wrote was:

"After downloading, I am told (presumably by a message box from the installer, though that is not mentioned) that a previous version is required. Who can help me, please"

In other words it would appear that the download is an upgrade (or bought at an upgrade price), requiring evidence of previous version before it will install.

Tristel,

Qu'estque vous avez télechargé, et d'ou? Le nom du fichier? Peut être que vous avez acheté, á un prix réduit, une version 'upgrade' du logiciel, et pour pouvoir l'installer, il faut preuve d'une version antérieure, soit installée, ou sur CD.

SKNIS,

Good points on BUYER BEWARE when buying OEM versions. Software, and not necessarily Roxio, can come in "light, basic, standard and deluxe". AND, some OEM software installed by the PC manufacturer can be in between. I call it light when functions have been "grayed out" or disabled. Still, the bottom line is to shop around. B)

Being perfect like everyone else in the world, I haven't fallen in the trap when buying OEM software. It has always been full function. :lol:

This thread has gone in the wrong direction because of mistranslation from the French (sorry Big Dave, but French is my native language).

What the OP actually wrote was:

"After downloading, I am told (presumably by a message box from the installer, though that is not mentioned) that a previous version is required. Who can help me, please"

In other words it would appear that the download is an upgrade (or bought at an upgrade price), requiring evidence of previous version before it will install.

Tristel,

Qu'estque vous avez télechargé, et d'ou? Le nom du fichier? Peut être que vous avez acheté, á un prix réduit, une version 'upgrade' du logiciel, et pour pouvoir l'installer, il faut preuve d'une version antérieure, soit installée, ou sur CD.

Ah oui mais bien sure..

mais elle fait mention d'avoir acheter version d'EMC 10..

mais elle doit s'expliquer un peu mieux que ca!!

:unsure:

www.pricegrabber.com is a good place to go for a low price. You can buy an OEM version (no manual) of EMC version 10 Suite for $44 dollars (US). However, if you buy it directly from Roxio for $99 or $79 after the mail in $20 coupon then you do get a 30 day money back guarantee.

Big Dave,

Just a expand a little on your post. Although there are some OEM versions of the software that have the full functionality, MOST of them are teaser programs were some functions are disabled. The purchaser has to be very careful because some OEM sellers use the description of the commercial product and then maybe in small print a statement that the program may have different functionality that the commercial product.

There are dozens of threads on this forum where people getting OEM software with a computer or actually buying an OEM version of My DVD 8 , 8.2 or 9 designated SE, LE, DE, and more complain that they don't have the applications that we suggest that they use.

Other things to avoid is EMC 8 Essentials. Actually avoid any version of MyDVD 8 or EMC 8.

It is important to read the comparison of the products on Roxio's web site. You learn things like the My DVD 9 does not have the audio editing functions in EMC 9/10 and some of the "Studio" programs do not have all the transitons/DVD menus that the "Studio Premier" or the EMC versions have.

Archived