Normalizing Sound Levels On Mp3 Format

benson5oh

Question

DO any Roxio sotware products have the ability to normalize or adjust the sound levels where all music recorded in MP3 format is even. In other words, I dont want to constantly adjust the volume when listening to an MP3 cd, whether at home or in my car.

7 answers to this question

You might want to look at GoldWave. It is shareware so it is inexpensive. There is a trial download with liberal trial restrictions. It does have a batch processing and I believe a batch volume leveler (three settings). You can batch process your mp3 files and then use Music Disc Creator to burn. Included is a screen shot of the volume adjustment.

Thanks. Ill continue looking for other sotware that will normalize music when burning MP3 cd's. There has got to be something out there.

Not once they are already on your drive.If you convert them from an audio cd then when you do the ripping there is a setting to normalize the audio.This takes the loudest song and lets you set the volume on the remaining songs to a pergentage of that volume.Here's what the help file says:

• Normalize tracks to a consistent level: This option sets the volume of songs in an audio project to a consistent level. The level is set by selecting the checkbox and moving the slider left or right. A setting of 90 percent, for example, sets the volume of all tracks in the current project to 90 percent of the loudest song. Normalization is turned off by default.

ok, most songs i burn for MP3 format are downloaded from the internet, therefore, they are on the hardrive (under "my music"). So, most songs are at different sound levels. The software burning program that came with the computer (Sonic Soundstage) does NOT have the feature where you can normalize sound levels when burning to MP3 cd's., however, you CAN normalize when burning music from my hardrive ("my music") to Audio cd's. However, this only gives you about 21 songs or about 80 min. worth of music on a typical blank CDR. Id rather have 155 songs on a MP3 cd!

Archived