• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Second and third movies don't start from beginning

imaref1

Question

I put three 30 minute movies into EMC10 mydvd. I added chapters to each and unchecked the "make chapter menus" button. Mydvd encoded the file, and then burned it to the dvd.

When I play back the dvd, the first movie plays fine. When I click on the second or third movie from the main menu, neither of them starts at the beginning of the movie. The second movie starts on the first chapter point, and the third movie starts on the second chapter point.

If I play the first movie and keep hitting the chapter button, when it gets to the second movie it goes to the beginning correctly; same with the third movie.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

I put three 30 minute movies into EMC10 mydvd. I added chapters to each and unchecked the "make chapter menus" button. Mydvd encoded the file, and then burned it to the dvd.

When I play back the dvd, the first movie plays fine. When I click on the second or third movie from the main menu, neither of them starts at the beginning of the movie. The second movie starts on the first chapter point, and the third movie starts on the second chapter point.

If I play the first movie and keep hitting the chapter button, when it gets to the second movie it goes to the beginning correctly; same with the third movie.

This worked for me. I did not have any issues with Version 9.

1. Create your project in MyDVD with multiple titles.

2. For each title, right-click on the movie (the movie loaded on the preview screen in MyDVD) and select the Show settings option.

3. Select on the Starts at pull-down list and re-select Chapter 1 on each movie added to the screen.

4. Burn the DVD.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...st&p=160945

If you're not using a chapter menu why bother with chapter markings at all. There is a bug (and has been for several versions) using the chapters. I believe there was a possible work-around in a post. It had to do something with specifically selecting the first chapter to played for each title.

If you come across that post, I'd appreciate if you would reply again. I like to use the chapters without the menus so I can skip through any movies quickly without bothering with menus. The chapter menus also take up more space on the disc.

Thanks again for replying so quickly.

Archived