Help emailing video

sk1230

Question

Hello just got this program and I am trying to figure out how to email video files i made on videowave.

I do the "output as" then choose the email and make the file. I can get to the file in my documents and attach it (only when it is in the smallest format). I sent it to my husbands email then tried to open it and the videowave program opens and says "can not find required fields". So what am i doing wrong? Also how will others open the file if it only opens in videowave?

I have never done this before so any advice on how to email files will be great!!

Extra info: In my documents it saves 2 files and one says "roxio media production" with an icon. Then the other file says DAT file with an icon that my computer must not load up completely.

When i email the file it has ...dmsm at the end of the file name.

3 answers to this question

Hello just got this program and I am trying to figure out how to email video files i made on videowave.

I do the "output as" then choose the email and make the file. I can get to the file in my documents and attach it (only when it is in the smallest format). I sent it to my husbands email then tried to open it and the videowave program opens and says "can not find required fields". So what am i doing wrong? Also how will others open the file if it only opens in videowave?

I have never done this before so any advice on how to email files will be great!!

Extra info: In my documents it saves 2 files and one says "roxio media production" with an icon. Then the other file says DAT file with an icon that my computer must not load up completely.

I had a 16mb WMV file, brought it into VideoWave and clicked output as. I got a box do you want to save changes made to video production 1, I made none so I clicked no. Big difference than if you made changes and clicked yes! I then choose the middle setting 320 x 240 email and changed the name and where it saves the file at the bottom of that window. When it was done I clicked send email at the bottom of that window, outlooks express opened with the subject, email.wmv, attached was the WMV file at 8.89MB, with this text in the message.

(Type your message here) This digital media was sent using one of Sonic's digital media applications. Visit http://www.sonic.com and find out more about Sonic's complete line of best selling digital media solutions.

All that's left is to enter the email address and send it. Now you don't want a dialup connection on either end and the mail box better have enough space, or it will take hours to send/receive or error out because of inbox space!

Does this help?

cd

To create a file to save as e-mail you have to "output Production as ..". The dmsm and dat file you refer to are not video files but only the project files containing the sources, instructions and transitions, etc used in the project. cdanteek gave you instructions on creating the e-mail file

Also, lots of ISP's limit the size of files in incoming emails to 5MB. You may have a huge mailbox or even unlimited but the individual files may not exceed 5MB. I have 2 ISP's I work with and 1 is 10MB and the other is 5MB. You also may or may not get a message back that your mail was not delivered.

Archived