• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

TV Converter box coupons for the US

Beerman

Boy oh boy. That is one ugly website!

Timing will be everything. Coupons have an expiration date of 90 days. If you get them too early the converter prices might be still too high and you'll be out-of-pocket (which you probably will be anyway). If you wait, they could run out of coupons.

[Double post]

I keep getting this error when trying to access the forum or post:

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User roxio_roxio has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections (Line: 131 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

SQL error: User roxio_roxio has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections SQL error code: Date: Tuesday 01st of January 2008 06:38:02 PM

We apologise for any inconvenience

Yep, everyone seems to be having problems tonite-----actually every night for the last few weeks but tonite it appears longer and worse than I have seen the last few weeks.

We have to grin and bear it I guess until everyone is back at work and can fix this quagmire.

Boy oh boy. That is one ugly website!

Timing will be everything. Coupons have an expiration date of 90 days. If you get them too early the converter prices might be still too high and you'll be out-of-pocket (which you probably will be anyway). If you wait, they could run out of coupons.

They can't even tell you where to buy the converter box.

I'm not going to worry about it til the end of this year.

With my luck, I'd buy the converter box, then the TV would crater. :rolleyes:

They can't even tell you where to buy the converter box.

I'm not going to worry about it til the end of this year.

With my luck, I'd buy the converter box, then the TV would crater. :rolleyes:

Cox is telling us we don't need to buy anything.....yet. I think as long as you have a digital converter, you're ok but for tv's that don't have one, you'll need a converter to get OTA stations unless your tv has one built in. I think the gov. is forcing the prices to a certain amount so that everyone can afford it (with the coupons) and the converter factories still get their money too.

How much will the typical converter box cost, Paul?

Are any made in the USA?

According to DTV Facts, they will cost around $60 less the $40 coupon (you can only use 1 coupon per converter) so $20 out of pocket.

I would doubt they'd be made in the US as we cost too much just to drive to work! However, I'm sure they're made to certain specs to fit into the cable companies pockets, er, I mean plans and I don't even know when you can actually buy one yet. Looks like sometime in the spring of this year.

How's it work on your side of the world Brendon? Are they making it any easier?

How's it work on your side of the world Brendon? Are they making it any easier?

In New Zealand there is no date decision yet. They will set a date for analog switch-off once 75% of households receive digital TV by one method or another, or in 2012 - whichever comes first. They're hoping to have it done and dusted by 2015.

At the moment 45% have cable or pay-satellite. Terrestrial Digital [from the tower on the hill] might start next year in large centers. Set-top boxes are about $US150-200. NO COUPONS.

Regards,

Brendon

Set-top boxes are about $US150-200. NO COUPONS.

Last time I checked on converters at Fry's they were running close to $200 here too! I talked to a guy who has an antenna manufacturing company last year and at that time he said he couldn't get it done for under $175 HIS COST!! It remains to be seen what the price will be when the time comes.

Archived