microgaps in toast 8

jabbo5150

Question

I have noticed microgaps in toast 8 when burning aiff files that came from flac files. I had assumed there would be no gaps as A) this seems to be s atandard thing for ANY audio program and B) Toast 8 was to incorporate Jam features. I have the advanced settings set to DAO. Has this glitch been addressed? I am running Toast 8 on a Quad Core Intel Machine.

2 answers to this question

Something you might try is preview the track breaks by choosing custom in the crossfade settings. If the gap is there you can adjust the crossover point or you can use the track trim feature to cut a fraction off the end or start of a track. Track trim is accessible by clicking on the track's time length.

If the gaps aren't there then choose Save as Disc Image. This will do the conversion and save as an .Sd2f file. When you add that file in the Audio window you'll now be working with the AIFF files rather than with the FLAC ones. The gap should be there if Toast is adding it during the conversion.

Just to clarify more, I am converting the FLAC files to AIFF with xACT, and then trying to burn. Upon further review, it seems the gaps are only present in the actual playlist in toast as you cannot hear a gap in the burned CD. is this possible? A glitch in the playlist window in Toast maybe?

Something you might try is preview the track breaks by choosing custom in the crossfade settings. If the gap is there you can adjust the crossover point or you can use the track trim feature to cut a fraction off the end or start of a track. Track trim is accessible by clicking on the track's time length.

If the gaps aren't there then choose Save as Disc Image. This will do the conversion and save as an .Sd2f file. When you add that file in the Audio window you'll now be working with the AIFF files rather than with the FLAC ones. The gap should be there if Toast is adding it during the conversion.

Archived