• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Torska

New man onboard

Question

Planning to buy Roxio EMC 10, I would like the group to confirm compatibility with my MP3 players!

Thanks. BW, Torska :mellow:

11 answers to this question

Hi Torsca,

Since our Crystal Ball is out getting a firmware upgrade, we have to rely on YOU to tell US all about all the MP3 players you are wanting us to confirm compatibility with.

In case we don't know anything about those MP3 players, would you also confirm for us that they are compatible with standard MP3 files?

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Torsca,

Since our Crystal Ball is out getting a firmware upgrade, we have to rely on YOU to tell US all about all the MP3 players you are wanting us to confirm compatibility with.

In case we don't know anything about those MP3 players, would you also confirm for us that they are compatible with standard MP3 files?

Regards,

Brendon

My Reply: Did you notice my heading? CREATIVE MP3 players! I hoped this was a community to share experience, as wise people do. Not a forum were you are stopped on the way inn!!!

Torska

Hmmmm what is a Creative MP3 player? Since you gave us a generic question, I'll give you a generic answer. There are a couple of applications within the EMC 10 suite which can convert standard audio into MP3 files.

How you get the MP3 files into the MP3 device depends on whether or not the device is proprietary or not.

My Reply: Did you notice my heading? CREATIVE MP3 players! I hoped this was a community to share experience, as wise people do. Not a forum were you are stopped on the way inn!!!

Torska

When gurus dont know, I have to rely on one of the other 35 000. Are anybody there?

Torska :(

When gurus dont know, I have to rely on one of the other 35 000. Are anybody there?

Torska :(

They're not asking the compatibility question, you are? :blink:

The list below are the current models sold by Creative! Mr Torska demands a answer with no factual info in the question. Perhaps he should start here, About MP3 and music formats.

ZEN Vision W

ZEN Vision

ZEN

ZEN Vision:M

ZEN V Plus

ZEN V

ZEN Stone Plus

ZEN Stone

ZEN Wav

ZEN Neeon 2

ZEN Neeon 512MB/ 1GB/ 2GB

ZEN Neeon 5GB/ 6GB

ZEN MicroPhoto

ZEN Nano Plus

MuVo T100

MuVo S200

MuVo Slim

MuVo V100

MuVo V200

MuVo TX FM

Digital MP3 Player FX200

cd

I have a Zen V Plus.

I use EAC to rip my CD's, LAME to convert them to mp3, Mp3tag to edit the headers and add album art, and Creative Zen V Series Media Explorer (that lets you browse the Zen in Windows Explorer) to copy my mp3's to the device.

Everything works, but I am not relying on any Roxio software :-)

Aloke

Creative is the name of the company that puts out the Zen mp3 player.

Lynn

Yes and LOTS OF THEM as cd pointed out…

The Nomad II was a piece of cake! Convert to MP3 and copy to the SmartMedia card.

The Zen Micro Photo has resulted in much frustration and profanity around here…

The included software is not intuitive, clumsy to use and leads nowhere! No file added to the device hard drive will play unless it is added to a Playlist. OK, how?

Wife and I wrote all of the steps down but even so, it takes us about 20 minutes to get everything in order.

Oh and we defiantly use Roxio to copy/convert Audio CD's to mp3 files.

But overall they make these players much harder than they need to be.

The Zen replaced the Dell Jukebox which failed after 3 years. It was so miserable to get files to that I bought a 3rd party software plug in for Explorer to ease the pain.

The OP, Torska, clearly doesn't have a clue what he is getting into…

They're not asking the compatibility question, you are? :blink:

The list below are the current models sold by Creative! Mr Torska demands a answer with no factual info in the question. Perhaps he should start here, About MP3 and music formats.

ZEN Vision W

ZEN Vision

ZEN

ZEN Vision:M

ZEN V Plus

ZEN V

ZEN Stone Plus

ZEN Stone

ZEN Wav

ZEN Neeon 2

ZEN Neeon 512MB/ 1GB/ 2GB

ZEN Neeon 5GB/ 6GB

ZEN MicroPhoto

ZEN Nano Plus

MuVo T100

MuVo S200

MuVo Slim

MuVo V100

MuVo V200

MuVo TX FM

Digital MP3 Player FX200

cd

Thanks for the Creative link. Good example on "Compression". My Mp3 arcive is 8 Gb of Norwegian Folk Music, all ripped by myself. As you know, music and dance is tight connected in this genre. So my task is to compile, edit and use the music in dancing. That means music is not only streaming, but is stopped, instructions given, maybe partially repeated and continued. I am looking for software to rely on.

Have you found a programmable STOP to edit into a MP3 file? Tell me!

bw Torska

Thanks for the Creative link. Good example on "Compression". My Mp3 arcive is 8 Gb of Norwegian Folk Music, all ripped by myself. As you know, music and dance is tight connected in this genre. So my task is to compile, edit and use the music in dancing. That means music is not only streaming, but is stopped, instructions given, maybe partially repeated and continued. I am looking for software to rely on.

Have you found a programmable STOP to edit into a MP3 file? Tell me!

bw Torska

Sounds like you want to make a "mix". Use Sound Editor to do that. Add a music file. You can split it and put a period of silence in that spot where you can talk. If you want, you can record what you want to say and put that in the place of the split. You can then continue with that music file or add the file again to repeat the original bars of music so you can see the result of your instructions.

Just as an aside, I know how dance classes are run and it sounds like you want to automate the class to an extreme. My source of information was my wife who taught at several colleges in the US and at the State Dance School in Stockholm. Good luck.

Edit: The next issue is your computer and its ability to handle the software. I recommend that you go down to the EMC 9 forum and download and install the trial of EMC 9. You will be able to try out Sound Editor to see if it gives you what you want.

If you do not now have the software, I suggest that you try other products before you buy. You might be better served by using a piece of software that is dedicated to audio processing - There are several by Dart and a particular favorite of mine is GoldWave.

There is no software that is going to control the stop/rewind/play controls on your player.

Edited by sknis

Sounds like you want to make a "mix". Use Sound Editor to do that. Add a music file. You can split it and put a period of silence in that spot where you can talk. If you want, you can record what you want to say and put that in the place of the split. You can then continue with that music file or add the file again to repeat the original bars of music so you can see the result of your instructions.

Just as an aside, I know how dance classes are run and it sounds like you want to automate the class to an extreme. My source of information was my wife who taught at several colleges in the US and at the State Dance School in Stockholm. Good luck.

Edit: The next issue is your computer and its ability to handle the software. I recommend that you go down to the EMC 9 forum and download and install the trial of EMC 9. You will be able to try out Sound Editor to see if it gives you what you want.

If you do not now have the software, I suggest that you try other products before you buy. You might be better served by using a piece of software that is dedicated to audio processing - There are several by Dart and a particular favorite of mine is GoldWave.

There is no software that is going to control the stop/rewind/play controls on your player.

Thank you for your understanding and tips on software. Automate instruction is not my task, rather to create freedom from the mechanics and from running to and fro the equipment. Thanks, I am dowloading!

bw Torska