• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Regarding the case inserts topic

Guest RCD74

Question

I am sorry if I "broke some rules" here. I never meant to do that and was only trying to help someone here since so many of you have helped me over this past year. Looking back, I guess it was stupid on my part to promote a another product on these boards. In my defense, the only way I even found out about Sure Thing was due to Roxio anyhow (Sure Thing was an upgrade to the Roxio Express Labeler that came with my printer). Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes. It won't happen again. Happy New Year!!

Rachel

7 answers to this question

I am sorry if I "broke some rules" here. I never meant to do that and was only trying to help someone here since so many of you have helped me over this past year. Looking back, I guess it was stupid on my part to promote a another product on these boards. In my defense, the only way I even found out about Sure Thing was due to Roxio anyhow (Sure Thing was an upgrade to the Roxio Express Labeler that came with my printer). Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes. It won't happen again. Happy New Year!!

Rachel

No worries. We don't suggest other software unless it can do something that Roxio can't. Since Sure Thing is a dedicated labeling program, and Roxio is not, I don't see where you did anything worth worrying about. You'd know if you did. :o:P

No worries. We don't suggest other software unless it can do something that Roxio can't. Since Sure Thing is a dedicated labeling program, and Roxio is not, I don't see where you did anything worth worrying about. You'd know if you did. :o:P

Thanks Paul!! Happy New Year to you by the way.

Rachel

Thanks Bruce!! I have been meaning to PM you about the video camera (or am I not allowed to do that either!! :D )

I LOVE IT!! Thanks again for all your insight while I was purchasing it. I have been taking lots of video lately and since I still haven't gotten the new computer, I have been transferring the video to my dvd recorder via the firewire, and then importing it onto my computer. It has so far been working out great for me and the picture is just so CLEAR!! Even with all the transferring I am doing, I can really see the difference between the minidv and vhs picture. There is just no comparison. I haven't gotten the tripod yet, but I plan to do that soon since my daughter has a little school performance coming up at the end of January. I MUST get it before then!!

Rachel

I understand that, however, I never gave any tutorial on how to use the program, and simply suggested if he needed help, then to PM me. The truth of the matter is we really never did get to the initial problem here which is WHY Chris and I are both experiencing a problem with Label Creater in that the "print, print test page, and calibrate" is NOT highlighted!! I have searched through these forums trying to find an answer to that question and never did. Others posted about it, but no solutions were given. I was told by someone to do a "repair" but feared that could screw up EMC9 b/c when I once tried updating to 9.1, I totally messed up the program and had to do a clean install. (I realize that a repair and updating to 9.1 may have NOTHING to do with one another, however, I get scared to do ANYTHING in regards to this program) I NEVER want to go through a clean install again, so sinking $25 on an upgrade was my best option at the time. Just wanted to offer that advice to someone else!!

Rachel

I corresponded with HP Support about the case insert printing problem I was having. I also sent them a screenshot of the problem print page. After all this, they suggested that it was time for a newer, up to date, vista compatible printer, which I will get when I can. Also, my apologies as well to all concerned for the apparent can of worms opened up. No more of that for sure.

Chris

I agree with Paul. You didn't do anything wrong.

Aside: How do you like your new video camera?

Thanks Bruce!! I have been meaning to PM you about the video camera (or am I not allowed to do that either!! :D )

I LOVE IT!! Thanks again for all your insight while I was purchasing it. I have been taking lots of video lately and since I still haven't gotten the new computer, I have been transferring the video to my dvd recorder via the firewire, and then importing it onto my computer. It has so far been working out great for me and the picture is just so CLEAR!! Even with all the transferring I am doing, I can really see the difference between the minidv and vhs picture. There is just no comparison. I haven't gotten the tripod yet, but I plan to do that soon since my daughter has a little school performance coming up at the end of January. I MUST get it before then!!

Rachel

You didn't do anything wrong, yet!

Recommending other software that does something Roxio cannot do is fine.

Running a hand holding thread on how to use it crosses the line! Do that on their site.

I understand that, however, I never gave any tutorial on how to use the program, and simply suggested if he needed help, then to PM me. The truth of the matter is we really never did get to the initial problem here which is WHY Chris and I are both experiencing a problem with Label Creater in that the "print, print test page, and calibrate" is NOT highlighted!! I have searched through these forums trying to find an answer to that question and never did. Others posted about it, but no solutions were given. I was told by someone to do a "repair" but feared that could screw up EMC9 b/c when I once tried updating to 9.1, I totally messed up the program and had to do a clean install. (I realize that a repair and updating to 9.1 may have NOTHING to do with one another, however, I get scared to do ANYTHING in regards to this program) I NEVER want to go through a clean install again, so sinking $25 on an upgrade was my best option at the time. Just wanted to offer that advice to someone else!!

Rachel

Archived