• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't get 4:3 & 16:9 content to burn in same project

psmith3

Question

I have a project that has 3 MPEG2 videos in it. The 1st 2 are 4:3 format and the 3rd is 16x9. All 3 are on one menu. They were encoded with Adobe Premiere CS3 as MPEG2 DVD. I have the attributes of each movie set appropriately to 4:3 & 16:9 respectively. When I attempt to burn, DVDIt crashes when it gets to "Transcoding Video". If I set all 3 to 4:3, it will burn, but the aspect ration of the 16:9 movie is wrong. I have tried deleting the 4:3 movies and just have the one 16:9 set to 16:9 and it still fails. I have started a new project with only this movie and still the same issue. Also, my project menu is set to widescreen, NTSC. Is this a bug?

3 answers to this question

I have a project that has 3 MPEG2 videos in it. The 1st 2 are 4:3 format and the 3rd is 16x9. All 3 are on one menu. They were encoded with Adobe Premiere CS3 as MPEG2 DVD. I have the attributes of each movie set appropriately to 4:3 & 16:9 respectively. When I attempt to burn, DVDIt crashes when it gets to "Transcoding Video". If I set all 3 to 4:3, it will burn, but the aspect ration of the 16:9 movie is wrong. I have tried deleting the 4:3 movies and just have the one 16:9 set to 16:9 and it still fails. I have started a new project with only this movie and still the same issue. Also, my project menu is set to widescreen, NTSC. Is this a bug?

On the 16:9 clip by itself, when it fails is it during the transcoding?

If yes, we probably need to make a change in your Premiere settings to prevent transcoding the clip, what is your export settings?

On the 16:9 clip by itself, when it fails is it during the transcoding?

If yes, we probably need to make a change in your Premiere settings to prevent transcoding the clip, what is your export settings?

No, I don't think so. The clip if DV format whcih I believe is already MPEG2. I am exporting it in Premiere under the preset MPEG2-DVD setting, 720x480, 29.97 drop frame, quality 5.0. The bitrate is CBR, 9Mbps. Audio is Dobly Digital 3/2.

I was going to export it again to make sure I did not miss something.

Archived