• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error 80040207 please help!

Nettie

Question

Hi, I am having problems rendering my DVD productions. Everytime I render a completed project, it gets right to the end and then comes up with a message: Cannot encode menu error 80040207.

I was using EMC7 (have happily made many DVD's over the past couple of years using EMC7) but it seems after doing a standard windows update in early december my problems have started.

After many hours spent trying to fix the problem with no joy I decided to completely remove EMC7 and reinstall it. This created even more problems as when my PC wanted to restart after the install it kept blue screening and would only boot in safe mode:(

I finally removed EMC7, got my PC booting and decided to go out and purchase EMC10. This did install correctly but I have ended up with the same problem of not encoding the menu and same error code:(

I have spent many an hour combing through forums and trying many different things from updating video drivers, directx, software rendering, defrags etc. My PC is fairly new with Windows XP Pro, dual core processor, 2gigs of ram, 2 x 300gb HDD in raid array (300mbps transfer rate) 955 gigabyte MB and a 512mb Video card. I am not a PC expert but do know my way around, this problem is getting very frustrating with no way of directly emailing Roxio for an answer.

Looks like I may have to just bite the bullet and learn how to use Adobe Premier! Unless someone has an answer :unsure:

3 answers to this question

I know of no sure fix but there are a few things you can try if you haven't already. First, make sure you have the latest drivers for your vid card and the latest version of DirectX.

Then, try changing your render. You can do this by going into Tools, Options and changing from whatever it's set to (hardware or software) to the opposite and shut down MyDVD and start it again.

Lastly, I always have great luck burning to an image file first then, if successful, use Video Copy and Convert to burn the ISO to disc.

Just a note, EMC7 is not compatible with IE7 and if your system is new, it's likely to have IE7 installed.

I know of no sure fix but there are a few things you can try if you haven't already. First, make sure you have the latest drivers for your vid card and the latest version of DirectX.

Then, try changing your render. You can do this by going into Tools, Options and changing from whatever it's set to (hardware or software) to the opposite and shut down MyDVD and start it again.

Lastly, I always have great luck burning to an image file first then, if successful, use Video Copy and Convert to burn the ISO to disc.

Just a note, EMC7 is not compatible with IE7 and if your system is new, it's likely to have IE7 installed.

Cheers Beerman, I will try burning to an image file first, it is about the only thing I havent tried as yet. I did think of reformatting my drives and starting again with a fresh install of windows and EMC10. It seems funny that all my problems started after a standard windows update.

I am at work ATM so will give it a go tonight. Failing this (or maybe another idea from someone who has had this problem and overcome it) I will reformat my drives over the weekend. I am very comfortable with Roxio having used it for years and really dont want to start again with Premier.

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

Cheers Beerman, I will try burning to an image file first, it is about the only thing I havent tried as yet. I did think of reformatting my drives and starting again with a fresh install of windows and EMC10. It seems funny that all my problems started after a standard windows update.

I am at work ATM so will give it a go tonight. Failing this (or maybe another idea from someone who has had this problem and overcome it) I will reformat my drives over the weekend. I am very comfortable with Roxio having used it for years and really dont want to start again with Premier.

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

Hi if you want to talk to a Roxio tec. direct follow this link and either open a web ticket or chat live for free they are very helpful, dont forget they are in the USA and about 6 hours behind us, I found 6pm till 10pm was a good chat time

http://selfserve.roxio.com/SecurePages/organizer.aspx

http://selfserve.roxio.com/SecurePages/organizer.aspx

you will need to log in before you begin, all chat is free

lol

Archived