• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Created BD-R will play..then won't?

ckelly33

Question

I created a BD-RE using DVDit ProHD to assess how well it would work. It worked fine so I decided to graduate it to BD-R. That worked fine as well. We watched the BD-R on my Panasonic DMP-BD30 (with the latest firmware) and made it all the way through. I followed the same steps that I had originally and made a second disc.

The next day I put it back in the same player to show a friend, but it wouldn't play. It would read it as a BD then the LCD would read "play" then about 1-2 seconds later, "Stop". I powered off, the on. Same thing.

After I had played it the night before I had labeled the disc with a Sharpie (yes on the label side) as well as the second disc I had played - the second disc wouldn't play either. I put in the BD-RE I had used to test my project with and it still ran fine, so I assumed it was the Sharpie Ink. I burned a third disc and didn't label it. It wouldn't run either, so I guess its not the ink).

I put them each in my PC that I had used to burn the discs to begin with and they all read "Unable to Read". I've now apparently wasted 3 discs. None of these will play in my PS3 either.

I wonder what would cause this to play then NOT play? BTW I am using 6.3 631B13A

1 answer to this question

I created a BD-RE using DVDit ProHD to assess how well it would work. It worked fine so I decided to graduate it to BD-R. That worked fine as well. We watched the BD-R on my Panasonic DMP-BD30 (with the latest firmware) and made it all the way through. I followed the same steps that I had originally and made a second disc.

The next day I put it back in the same player to show a friend, but it wouldn't play. It would read it as a BD then the LCD would read "play" then about 1-2 seconds later, "Stop". I powered off, the on. Same thing.

After I had played it the night before I had labeled the disc with a Sharpie (yes on the label side) as well as the second disc I had played - the second disc wouldn't play either. I put in the BD-RE I had used to test my project with and it still ran fine, so I assumed it was the Sharpie Ink. I burned a third disc and didn't label it. It wouldn't run either, so I guess its not the ink).

I put them each in my PC that I had used to burn the discs to begin with and they all read "Unable to Read". I've now apparently wasted 3 discs. None of these will play in my PS3 either.

I wonder what would cause this to play then NOT play? BTW I am using 6.3 631B13A

Same BD-R media (ie. brand)? Could be your burner or the media/burner combination. I would try 1x and see if you get better results. And make sure you have the latest firmware for the burner.

Archived