• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

80040154 Error while Encoding Slideshow

wmbrae

Question

---------------------------

Because this thread has become unwieldy, here is the short answer.

means you have reached a dead end. The solution is use another program.

My experience is using Easy Creator 8.2 SE and I believe this will also happen with Easy Creator 9.0 SE. These versions have some DVD functions removed (DVD Slideshow) and the 80040154 error message results when you try to use a disabled function from MyDVD Express (properly disabled in MyDVD 8).

The Roxio 80040154 has nothing to do with the Microsoft Error number 80040154. It was just a joke by the programmers in India on the white sahibs.

[ This may be incorrect "Roxio does not support these versions of their product and offers no help."]

I have help ticket 506212 opened 1/3/2008 , Roxio responded 1/8/2008 and it didn't work, and have notified them.

Here are some highlights of this thread

The right answer

You do not have a full retail version but a limited version. Your 8 OEM version is propably not capable of burning a video DVD just a data DVD. As you found out it will burn a VCD and SVCD. I don't believe codecs have anything to do with it.

Some of the abuse I had to take

How many times do you have to be told: you do not have a version that burns video DVDs.

You got the free version with the burner. You did not pay for it. Your previous posts indicted that you bought the OEM version; you did not, you got it free.

Roxio has nothing to do with your problem.

I get even.

It is Roxio software engineers who planted the error message

The error message should be you are using a crippled version of this software and the requested function has been disabled. They removed the DVD Slideshow from MyDVD8, but left the DVD Slideshow option in MyDVD Express and that is where the 80040154 error comes up. Having two MyDVD's in the same program even confused the designers of their product.

Roxio does not publish the true remedy to the error message 80040154 Error while Encoding Slideshow.

Roxio does not label it's OEM software with the label OEM to prevent unauthorized sales.

Tell me that Easy Media Creator 8 is a coherent product?

The way Roxio has treated me regarding Creator 8.2 has shown that breaking away from Adaptec was very bad for the product.

----------------------------

Roxio Easy CD Creator 8.2SE

IBM Netvista P4, Win XP with SP2 (Win Media Player 10, Directx 9c Nov 07)

Longtime Easycd user from my first cd burner (2.0 up to 2.3) and usb cd burner Easycd 5.

Just bought a DVD burner (LG GSA H10N) supplied with Nero, I paid $22 for retail version of Easy CD Creator 8.2SE.

So objective is to burn a slideshow in DVD.

I picked Photos, selected 4 photos, selected music, went to burn disc

MyDVD Express pops up, select DVD with menus, HQ output and MyDVD Express sees blank dvd in the DVD writer

hit create disk and get message

I try just saving the iso image but the same error message appears.

Because I bought the Easy CD Creator 8.2SE cd, I figure I have the retail cd version so I download the EMC 8 upgrate. I am on dial-up, the 114 MB download takes 6 hours. Install of upgrade reports

The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer Sevice because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exits on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.

I spent frutiless effort to download upgrade of the Pxengine, the download button loops.

I have not found a successful resolution to this problem. Many positings note that Roxio does not reply to this problem.

Roxio Creator 8.2SE version 8.2.281, build 8.22881F, SD2

Serial number is filled in , does not correspond to the serial number on the packaging which I was not required to supply during the install ( smells like an oem version to me)

PX engine build 3.0.99a, 97

Roxio core version 3.2.0 build 3.3.66a, SD2

Can you help me?

I'm just trying to build a slideshow in DVD.

I tried My DVD 8, but could only create VCD and SVCD, and none of the options of cinemagic are good for me.

My CD says EasyCD Creator 8.2SE, Roxio seldom refers to it, there is EasyCD Media Creator 8, MyDVD8 ,MyDVD Express, SlideShow Assistant, Videowave PhotoSuite Cinemagic.

In addition can you tell me if i have a retail CD or did the store rip me off by making me pay for an oem CD?

I am totally confused.

Let me tell you that I ran the nero software supplied with the DVD burner and got my project finished in 40 minutes.

Yes, I'd like to see who the computer store was that screwed you. - e-bay is not a store. Post an image of it and create a link to it.

As for posts, I am honest and direct and mostly helpful. I will not stop from saying that you made a mistake; live with it because the program will not burn the way you want it to.

I bought Easy Creator 8.2 SE from

Logic Computers (416)757-1288

1309 Kennedy Road, Toronto, Ontario M1P2L6.

I bought Easy Creator 8.2 SE from

Logic Computers (416)757-1288

1309 Kennedy Road, Toronto, Ontario M1P2L6.

And a copy of the receipt?

Thanks, if they are selling OEM software for more than $5 - $10 (us) then people should stay away from that store. Have you talked to them about the inability ot burn DVD?

I tried finding specs for the SE version but could not. I found others like DE and XE but not SE. Most of the people that sell the OEM software use the description of the ful version and then one small sentence saying that the software may not have all the capabilities of the full version.

BTW, what burner did you get (manufacturer and model number)? Will it burn both +R and - R DVD's? Is it this one? I looked for software and that chain doesn't sell Roxio software but a version comes with that burner.

Sorry, let's get you some help.

Thanks for your help. I have ticket number 506212 opened 1/3/2008. myguggi suggests this will never get answered. He's be right on everything so far. If Roxio tells me the problem is my computer, you can be sure I will be back. Otherwise ...

How many times do you have to be told: you do not have a version that burns video DVDs.

once

Thanks for your help. I have ticket number 506212 opened 1/3/2008. myguggi suggests this will never get answered. He's be right on everything so far. If Roxio tells me the problem is my computer, you can be sure I will be back. Otherwise ...

once

Did you ever roll back Windows Media Player 11 to a previous version of Windows Media Player?

once

Make sure that the Roxio replies haven't gone to your spam e-mail box. There is a FAQ on it but basically that's all it says.

I have upgraded Windows Media Player to 11, and the video card driver.

I am able to save the slideshow as avi.

I have tried to burn the photo only (without audio) and get the same message.

So it must be the video codecs that are missing.

I pulled out my MyDVD Video 5.2 and installed it. I was able to create a slideshow and burn a DVD disc.

I figure that the required MPEG 2 codecs are in the SonicMPEGVideo.dll package.

EMC 8 seems to use a Roxio package and I don't know where the MPEG2 codecs for EMC 8 are stored and don't show up on any codec list.

Does anyone know where the MPEG 2 codecs for EMC 8 are stored?

I suspect that is what is missing.

once

Can we assume you were honest with Customer Support and told them that you do not have a Retail version but rather an OEM version that you "purchased"???

I pulled out my MyDVD Video 5.2 and installed it. I was able to create a slideshow and burn a DVD disc.

EMC 8 seems to use a Roxio package and I don't know where the MPEG2 codecs for EMC 8 are stored and don't show up on any codec list.

You do not have a full retail version but a limited version. Your 8 OEM version is propably not capable of burning a video DVD just a data DVD. As you found out it will burn a VCD and SVCD. I don't believe codecs have anything to do with it.

Bingo!

That is the right answer. Roxio does not mark on their CD's OEM version.

I bought EasyCD Creator 8.2 SE, this is an OEM VCD, SVCD version.

.............EasyCE Creator 8.2 XE, is the OEM DVD version.

The computer store ripped me off because Roxio does not indicate OEM version on the CD and supplies a dummy serial code number.

Then Roxio software engineers spend their devious time drumming up a dummy error message

When they full well know that this is a crippled version of the program and the function has been programed out.

Roxio obviously has instructed their tech support to ignore this problem, because no one has ever gotten and answer from Roxio.

I went out of my way to buy the Easy CD product because of a long history of satisfaction, Easycd 2(versions 0 thru 3), Easycd 5, MyDVD 5.2.

The way Roxio has treated me regarding Creator 8.2 has shown that breaking away from Adaptec was very bad for the product.

Creator 8.2 is total confusion (3 ways to make slideshows all different, worse all with poor results), ruining their brand by mixing OEM with retail product and poor customer support.

BUYERS BE WARE!

Can we assume you were honest with Customer Support and told them that you do not have a Retail version but rather an OEM version that you "purchased"???

on 1/3/2008 I didn't know it was OEM. Even the store manager didn't know she was selling OEM.

What is the intent of your question?

<_< You might want to quit ignoring the suggestion to roll back to WMP 10 or WMP 9.

1/8/2008 Roxio has responded.

This weekend, I will start from first principles.

I will re-format and install WinXP SP2. I will install Directx 9C Nov 2007, and the latest version of the video card driver.

And then do as they suggest.

Rolling back to WinXP SP2 returns to WMP9.

Bingo!

That is the right answer. Roxio does not mark on their CD's OEM version.

I bought EasyCD Creator 8.2 SE, this is an OEM VCD, SVCD version.

.............EasyCE Creator 8.2 XE, is the OEM DVD version.

The computer store ripped me off because Roxio does not indicate OEM version on the CD and supplies a dummy serial code number.

Then Roxio software engineers spend their devious time drumming up a dummy error message

When they full well know that this is a crippled version of the program and the function has been programed out.

Roxio obviously has instructed their tech support to ignore this problem, because no one has ever gotten and answer from Roxio.

I went out of my way to buy the Easy CD product because of a long history of satisfaction, Easycd 2(versions 0 thru 3), Easycd 5, MyDVD 5.2.

Creator 8.2 is total confusion (3 ways to make slideshows all different, worse all with poor results), ruining their brand by mixing OEM with retail product and poor customer support.

BUYERS BE WARE!

Roxio does not sell OEM versions! OEM versions are usually given free with computer systems or burners. Roxio has nothing to do with your problem. If you got ripped off it was by your computer store which should not even be "selling" those OEM versions. Roxio states on their website that they do not support OEM versions

Any version of EMC 8 will be broken by both Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Media Player 11. Get rid of both.

And a copy of the receipt?

Thanks, if they are selling OEM software for more than $5 - $10 (us) then people should stay away from that store. Have you talked to them about the inability ot burn DVD?

I tried finding specs for the SE version but could not. I found others like DE and XE but not SE. Most of the people that sell the OEM software use the description of the ful version and then one small sentence saying that the software may not have all the capabilities of the full version.

BTW, what burner did you get (manufacturer and model number)? Will it burn both +R and - R DVD's? Is it this one? I looked for software and that chain doesn't sell Roxio software but a version comes with that burner.

I have found the receipt. You will like it, it doesn't help my cause. The ink on the receipt is so faded that the text is not recognizable in real life, and scans as a blank sheet. What is strange is that there is no telephone number. I phoned the store, the Supervisor Amy answered, she says now they only sell Nero. She doesn't remember my sale though at the time, I pointed out that the register system price was higher than the hand written marked price and she had to override the price. She said they have deleted the item from their online store. I am to check tomorrow with Don, the Manager of an other store (905)415-0909 to find out if they knew it was an OEM product, because she didn't know.

Here is a listing of them selling Creator 8.3 SE at a terrific price. (Their product number 6361)

http://tinyurl.com/2db3rb

http://web.archive.org/web/20070412232212/...g&catID=156

The burner is LG model GSA H10N. Yes, it burns both +R and -R DVD's.

Roxio has nothing to do with your problem.

The error message should be you are using a crippled version of this software and the requested function has been disabled.

Roxio does not publish the true remedy to the error message 80040154 Error while Encoding Slideshow.

Roxio does not label it's OEM software with the label OEM to prevent unauthorized sales.

Error codes are from Microsoft, and can be googled, altho "Error 80040154 retreiving COM Class factory" doesn't actually say anything to me.

EMC 8 was issued in multiple Versions, and as a result of the flack, EMC 9 only had a couple Versions.

Presently, Roxio is on Version 10.

Since these Forums are basicly user Forums, with staff only appearing rarely (you can recognize them by the Roxio logo by their avatar), if you want to let Roxio know your opinion, you need to contact them.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/service/

Lynn

I have found the receipt. You will like it, it doesn't help my cause. The ink on the receipt is so faded that the text is not recognizable in real life, and scans as a blank sheet. What is strange is that there is no telephone number. I phoned the store, the Supervisor Amy answered, she says now they only sell Nero. She doesn't remember my sale though at the time, I pointed out that the register system price was higher than the hand written marked price and she had to override the price. She said they have deleted the item from their online store. I am to check tomorrow with Don, the Manager of an other store (905)415-0909 to find out if they knew it was an OEM product, because she didn't know.

Here is a listing of them selling Creator 8.3 SE at a terrific price. (Their product number 6361)

http://tinyurl.com/2db3rb

http://web.archive.org/web/20070412232212/...g&catID=156

The burner is LG model GSA H10N. Yes, it burns both +R and -R DVD's.

I'm not taking any joy from this. I'd really like to help. Please start a new thread and please stick to the fact that you are unable to burn a DVD using 8.2 SE.

Start by putting your computer specs in your signature by going to the top menu and selecting My Controls. When the new window opens, add the type of information you see in other people's signature. Make sure your OS, Video card/chip and at least your computer manufacture and model is included.

There is a Roxio program (DVD Info Pro) and one from Nero that will give you information about your drive. You'll have to Google for them. When you download and run the program with a DVD in the drive, what does it say about your burner. The Roxio one was included in V8 but I don't know if it was included in the 8.2 SE.

Once you've done that, please post that information and also, in order what process you are using to try to burn the DVD. Things like format, source of the video, applications you are using (especially if other than Roxio). Yes, you put a lot of the information in this thread but it has been lost with all the other information.

Do you have any RW discs that you can write some data to just to make sure the communications and connections are correct. Have you updated the firmware for that burner? Go to the LG site and follow the instructions exactly or you make a small door stop.

Sorry, let's get you some help.

Have you tried following this step by step procedure? Or this? :(

Error codes are from Microsoft, and can be googled, altho "Error 80040154 retreiving COM Class factory" doesn't actually say anything to me.

Lynn

Thanks very much for your time looking into this. I have an outstanding query with the service department. I have since learned it will stay unanswered because I was suckered into paying for a OEM copy.

Thanks for your efforts

The error message should be you are using a crippled version of this software and the requested function has been disabled.

Have you done anything the was recommended to you, in this thread?

Have you done anything the was recommended to you, in this thread?

I upgraded my video card driver.

I went from WinXP SP2 (IE6,WMP9,SP2 Dirctx) through WMP10, WMP11, Directx 9c. Nov 2007

I never touched IE6 though I thought about installing IE6 upgrades.

So from hardware/operating system, I went as up to date as I could.

Nero can produce a DVD slideshow though it supplies its own MPEG2 codecs.

EMC 8 can save the slideshow as AVI so all the audio and still image codecs are there.

I researched as much as I could about the Roxio MPEG2 codecs, but it's a real secret.

MyDVD 5.2 created a DVD slideshow, it's codecs are Sonic. EMC 8 codecs are Roxio.

Roxio Easy CD Creator 8.2SE

IBM Netvista P4, Win XP with SP2 (Win Media Player 10, Directx 9c Nov 07)

Longtime Easycd user from my first cd burner (2.0 up to 2.3) and usb cd burner Easycd 5.

Just bought a DVD burner (LG GSA H10N) supplied with Nero, I paid $22 for retail version of Easy CD Creator 8.2SE.

So objective is to burn a slideshow in DVD.

I picked Photos, selected 4 photos, selected music, went to burn disc

MyDVD Express pops up, select DVD with menus, HQ output and MyDVD Express sees blank dvd in the DVD writer

hit create disk and get message

I try just saving the iso image but the same error message appears.

Because I bought the Easy CD Creator 8.2SE cd, I figure I have the retail cd version so I download the EMC 8 upgrate. I am on dial-up, the 114 MB download takes 6 hours. Install of upgrade reports

The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer Sevice because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exits on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.

I spent frutiless effort to download upgrade of the Pxengine, the download button loops.

I have not found a successful resolution to this problem. Many positings note that Roxio does not reply to this problem.

Roxio Creator 8.2SE version 8.2.281, build 8.22881F, SD2

Serial number is filled in , does not correspond to the serial number on the packaging which I was not required to supply during the install ( smells like an oem version to me)

PX engine build 3.0.99a, 97

Roxio core version 3.2.0 build 3.3.66a, SD2

Can you help me?

I'm just trying to build a slideshow in DVD.

I tried My DVD 8, but could only create VCD and SVCD, and none of the options of cinemagic are good for me.

My CD says EasyCD Creator 8.2SE, Roxio seldom refers to it, there is EasyCD Media Creator 8, MyDVD8 ,MyDVD Express, SlideShow Assistant, Videowave PhotoSuite Cinemagic.

In addition can you tell me if i have a retail CD or did the store rip me off by making me pay for an oem CD?

I am totally confused.

Let me tell you that I ran the nero software supplied with the DVD burner and got my project finished in 40 minutes.

No you didn't buy the full retail version. What you bought was the drive makers OEM Roxio version product. that is why the update is not applicaple to your version.

Encoding errors point to your video adapter as the source of the problem. Try updating the drivers for it (from the maker, like Nvidia, ATI, etc) and update Directx (from Microsoft site). If that doesn't help, list your system specs, especially your video card.

No you didn't buy the full retail version. What you bought was the drive makers OEM Roxio version product. that is why the update is not applicaple to your version.

Encoding errors point to your video adapter as the source of the problem. Try updating the drivers for it (from the maker, like Nvidia, ATI, etc) and update Directx (from Microsoft site). If that doesn't help, list your system specs, especially your video card.

I used the latest verion of directx 9c November 2007.

Is ti possible to burnd a DVD slideshow with the OEM version of Easycd Creator 8.2SE.using MyDVD 8?

For your info, the driver update for the video card is 46MB, something I don't look foward to on dial-up.

Is a computer store allowed to sell oem versions of software? What's Roxio's position?

Archived