• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mini Dvd into 1

jafo399

Question

Hello,

I have searched this topic all over the messageboard and I have tried several solutions. I now have to rely on the experts to help me out.

I have several mini dvd's that I would like to make 1 large one.(Who doesn't?) I am using EMC 10 videowave. Everytime I try to import the files I get an error on one of the files. "The file(s) you have selected contain missing or invalid video streams, and have not been added.

These are the steps I have taken so far:

1. I have finalized the dvd's in the camera.

2. I have copied the files to my hard drive

3. I have 2 sets of folders. One containing the .vob files and the other I converted to mpeg.

4. I can view all the files using windows media player, nero and WinDvd.

Both sets of files have the same problem. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

6 answers to this question

So you bought EMC 10 now?

You tried what solutions?

If you copied the VIDEO_TS folder over to your HD did you use Media Import and select the .vob file?

What happens?

Yes I ended up buying EMC 10.

I have tried the following solutions:

Put the minDVD into the DVD drive on your computer. If it tries to boot into a program, cancel it. Now, go to my computer, right click on the drive with the miniDVD in it, and select Explore. Then, click on Edit, then Select All. Then click on Edit, then on Copy.

Now, copy those files to a folder that you have made on your hard drive. Make a separate folder for each of the miniDVD's, naming them something that will remind you of what miniDVD is in the folder.

Now, if you aren't going to do any editing of those miniDVD's, open Disc Copier, click on the Video Compilation tab, then in the drop down box by Source, browse to those separate folders, and bring in the videos, one at a time until you have all 3 brought in.

Then, put a blank DVD in your drive. Make sure that DVD is selected for the Destination format. If you want a quick menu added to the burn, click on Options, then click on Create a Main Menu, and Play movies in sequence without returning to the main menu. Just select how you want the new DVD to play.

Click OK, then click Burn.

Let us know if this works for you.

And I have tried this one:

I have also tried to import into videowave using both mped and . vob files and I get the error.

I did not use media import to copy the files to the hard drive. I opened explorer and I copied the files directly onto my desktop. And I only copied the .vob files.

Sorry about the html "quote" tags, but it was early in the morning on the West Coast.

I made sure when I got home that I tried your suggestions.

1. Created a new folder "Disk 1" then copied the entire Video_TS folder into the Disk 1 folder.

2. I picked the largest .vob file and it gave me the option to pick a movie.

3. The import copied the entire disk.

4. I did the exact same thing with the Disk 2 folder and it imported just fine.

5. I went to burn the disk and it was hung for over 2 hours. I though it might be rendering the movie, but after 2 hours I killed the session.

I do not know if it was because I added some transitions.

So I tried it a second time without transitions and it worked. The only problem is that it took almost 1.5 hours. That is really slow for a quad core processor with over 4 gigs of RAM. Maybe Vista is really hogging all the RAM.

I am going to try the next batch with transitions and see if I have any problems.

Thanks for your help.

Rendering doesn't use any great amount of RAM – about 300mb is all that is needed. It is CPU intensive and all of the action is taking place there.

Dual, Quad or Triple Play, these are mostly just hype to blow smoke over the fact that CPU progress has been nil for a few years now…

You are leaving out some things between your steps 4 and 5???

4. After Adding to VW, what did you do? Choices – Save as a Production (dmsm) or Output As an mpeg or DV AVI file. (I haven't played with this too much, but I think the Output As will be faster in the end)

A dmsm file from VW can be picked as Add Title in MyDVD.

A video file rendered under VW Output As will also load in MyDVD as Add Title, but will 'smart render' during output as it is already a compliant video file.

5. MyDVD? What transactions? Are you Adding each 'movie' as a Title or chaining each one under one Title? (consider doing this in your Editor, VW, if you are chaining. MyDVD is not the editor, just the place to build the user interface and burn)

. That is really slow for a quad core processor with over 4 gigs of RAM.
Don't be fooled by all the Hype. I also own Adobe Premiere Elements which is advertised as optimized for multi-threading/multi-processor and I see none or very little difference in video rendering speed than those apps that aren't. What you will notice is being able to do other things WHILE rendering with no slow down at all.

MyDVD should only re-render the places where you added the transitions and not the entire movie. This is why I don't recommend editign MPEG 2. It can be difficult trying to find out why MyDVD is re-rendering.

Make a folder – Disc1

Copy the VIDEO_TS folder into Disc1

Open VideoWave – Add Photo/Video and point it to the VIDEO_TS folder.

Pick a file and then you will probably need to pick Movie 1

Should import just fine into VideoWave.

If not, what happens???

PS: edit your last post you mispelled /quote near the end defeating the html

Make a folder – Disc1

Copy the VIDEO_TS folder into Disc1

Open VideoWave – Add Photo/Video and point it to the VIDEO_TS folder.

Pick a file and then you will probably need to pick Movie 1

Should import just fine into VideoWave.

If not, what happens???

PS: edit your last post you mispelled /quote near the end defeating the html

Sorry about the html "quote" tags, but it was early in the morning on the West Coast.

I made sure when I got home that I tried your suggestions.

1. Created a new folder "Disk 1" then copied the entire Video_TS folder into the Disk 1 folder.

2. I picked the largest .vob file and it gave me the option to pick a movie.

3. The import copied the entire disk.

4. I did the exact same thing with the Disk 2 folder and it imported just fine.

5. I went to burn the disk and it was hung for over 2 hours. I though it might be rendering the movie, but after 2 hours I killed the session.

So I tried it a second time without transitions and it worked. The only problem is that it took almost 1.5 hours. That is really slow for a quad core processor with over 4 gigs of RAM. Maybe Vista is really hogging all the RAM.

I am going to try the next batch with transitions and see if I have any problems.

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

I have searched this topic all over the messageboard and I have tried several solutions. I now have to rely on the experts to help me out.

I have several mini dvd's that I would like to make 1 large one.(Who doesn't?) I am using EMC 10 videowave. Everytime I try to import the files I get an error on one of the files. "The file(s) you have selected contain missing or invalid video streams, and have not been added.

These are the steps I have taken so far:

1. I have finalized the dvd's in the camera.

2. I have copied the files to my hard drive

3. I have 2 sets of folders. One containing the .vob files and the other I converted to mpeg.

4. I can view all the files using windows media player, nero and WinDvd.

Both sets of files have the same problem. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

So you bought EMC 10 now?

You tried what solutions?

If you copied the VIDEO_TS folder over to your HD did you use Media Import and select the .vob file?

What happens?

Archived