• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

RecordNow 9

MIKEINNV

Question

I bought this program thinking it would be able to edit and cut a digital recording WAV. But it does not want to recognize the file. It will play the file, but will not allow editing. Any thing I can do to make it accept the WAV ? It plays fine on Windows Media and the recorder is an RCA RP5022A. Right now I get "Does not exist or is not supported audio file." :blink: Any help would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

I bought this program thinking it would be able to edit and cut a digital recording WAV. But it does not want to recognize the file. It will play the file, but will not allow editing. Any thing I can do to make it accept the WAV ? It plays fine on Windows Media and the recorder is an RCA RP5022A. Right now I get "Does not exist or is not supported audio file." :blink: Any help would be appreciated.

Did you try loading it in Sound Editor?

Did you try loading it in Sound Editor?

Yes, that is where I've been trying to get it to load. I copied it to CD and tried as well. The read me file says that it may be a CODEC problem, and by letting Windows Media player play it, it will down load the proper CODEC. I've been running them on windows media with no problems. But I can't cut , loop, or edit with the program.

Yes, that is where I've been trying to get it to load. I copied it to CD and tried as well. The read me file says that it may be a CODEC problem, and by letting Windows Media player play it, it will down load the proper CODEC. I've been running them on windows media with no problems. But I can't cut , loop, or edit with the program.

Where/how did you get the file? Something you downloaded? Captured via your soundcard? Acquired with another device?

What are the properties of the file, sample rate, bits per sample? You can get the properties by going to Windows Explorer, right-clicking on the file, select Properties, then select the "Summary" tab at the top. It may just be a .WAV format that sound editor doesn't support, such as 8KHz sampling and 8 bit samples. In that case, you may need an editor like GoldWave to be able to edit it, or convert it so that Sound Editor can handle it.

Archived