• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

misssing DVD express file

nicaze1

Question

i installed easy cd&dvd burning and tried to use dvd express. it kept shutting off computer. i uninstalled it and reinstalled it but everything was the same. every click on DVD express icon shuts off computer. i checked All programs and it shows that DVD express is NOT installed ( i got only DVD import). i checked installation disc (with Custom installation) and that file is missing.i bought the software in best buy store, didn't have any problem with installation and registration, except that little thing that i don't have the most important part of the software . what to do?

my PC is HP running Windows XP SP2. :( :( :(

5 answers to this question

i tried it twice. on the beginning of installation it's is asking if I want to uninstall HP DLA because it's incompatible with Roxio. first time I did it. With second try I didn't. The rest of installation in both tries was OK, not interrupted with anything else. In both cases (with or without HP DLA) result was the same. Click on DVD Express icon kind of trying to start it, there is a message " downloading componnent" which appears few times for a couple seconds and than it just shut off computer. The rest of applications (audio,data,..) works fine.

Thanks for help

So you have HP's DLA on there? What other CD/DVD burning software do you have on the machine?

I would be inclined to take all other burning software off before you reinstall easy cd&dvd burning. Looks like you have conflicts.

Brendon

Hi,

There's no executable file called MyDVDexpress.exe in this suitelet. When MyDVD Express is run from the Home application, two executables are running - CPSHelpRunner.exe, and RoxWizardLauncher9.exe.

Both of those files live in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM, and terminating RoxWizardLauncher9.exe makes MyDVD Express disappear. However running RoxWizardLauncher9.exe does not make it come back.

MyDVD Express is not a separately installable item. Here is what you should see for a custom install.

post-208-1199432078.jpg

It seems that if you have RoxWizardLauncher9.exe installed, then you have MyDVD Express installed too so I don't think you need to worry about missing files.

The next most likely thing is that your install didn't go properly. It would be worth the effort to go to the Control Panel and uninstall Easy CD and DVD Burning as completely as possible. Then restart the machine, and after that carefully reinstall Easy CD and DVD Burning. Note any error messages. See if that has fixed the problem.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived