• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Rendering Mismatch

Question

I upgraded from EMC7, where I was very used to using the video settings button in Video Wave to reset the color, contrast, brightness, etc. In Videowave 10, the settings menu does not call up a separate window as it did in VW7, but rather uses the production editor window. I am noticing that if the settings are changed, the rendered video does not precisely match the video as displayed in the production editor. The rendered video seems to have a contrast that's 2-3 points less than the displayed video, and brightness that's 2-3 points brighter. It's even more noticeable in slow-mo. This is a problem if you are doing a slow-mo scene ending in a freeze frame; the difference is quite noticeable. I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing this problem, but I haven't seen it posted elsewhere. Any help would be appreciated!

System specs:

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_ldr.071009-1543)

System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion

System Model: GN551AA-ABA m8200n

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory: 3006MB RAM

Page File: 1473MB used, 4728MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

Update: I appear to have answered my own question. I had been rendering in software mode because of blue-screen crashes when attempting to render via hardware. So, first, I uninistalled EMC10. Then, I updated my NVIDIA drivers directly from the manufacturer's home page. Then, I conducted a "clean install" as found elswhere in this forum. Then, I re-installed EMC10. So far, I am able to render in hardware mode, with no crashes, and good rendering results.

Edited by Forrest

1 answer to this question

Update: I appear to have answered my own question. I had been rendering in software mode because of blue-screen crashes when attempting to render via hardware. So, first, I uninistalled EMC10. Then, I updated my NVIDIA drivers directly from the manufacturer's home page. Then, I conducted a "clean install" as found elswhere in this forum. Then, I re-installed EMC10. So far, I am able to render in hardware mode, with no crashes, and good rendering results.

Good, :) I was going to suggest calibrating your monitor using somethng like Spyder.