• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 4.0 For Os 8.5 Imac

grhammond

Question

Does anyone know where I can acquire Toast 4.0 for an OS 8.5 iMac? I have 1000+ sequences I made on Master Tracks Pro (which is not compatible with any OS past 8.6) and need to be able to burn CDs on a Teac burner/reader I just purchased and installed. It reads fine, but the drivers for CD burning purposes they included only go back to OS 9. Any suggestions?

5 answers to this question

You also could use Toast 5 with OS 8.6. Try eBay or a Mac User's group. I'm not sure if Roxio still sells a download version of Toast 5 but you can check that out, too.

Thank you! I found one Toast 5 on e-bay. One bid so far for $4.95. Maybe I'll be able to outbid him/her.

I will also upgrade my iMac to 8.6. At present I'm only using it as a server (for my PC) to capture midi files from my old Master Tracks Pro sequences. I bring them into my PC via a network and open them in Sonar 5, then save them as .wav files and make rehearsal CDs for choirs. (www.songlearning.com)

I'll also check with Roxio. I tried to contact them earlier today, but their phone system was down.

I'll let you know how this ends.

Best, Gary Hammond

Issue was solved when Dave, a tech advisor from Wegener (the company from whom I purchased the Teac CD burner/reader) sent me Toast 4.1.2. Thanks also to good advice from tsantee. I now have a burner for my old OS 8.5 iMac. Works fine.

Best, grhammond

Archived