Can't Change Menu Background

monsterbucket

Question

12 answers to this question

That isn't DVD Express which you mentioned. The program menu in that screenshot is context sensitive plus some of those items will not be available at all in the 'Essentials' version. For whatever reason, Sonic/Roxio has released different versions with some features enabled or disabled according to which version you purchased.

Comparing your screenshot to my EMC8 version, Change Menu Background and Change menu Audio appears to not be available in your version.

That isn't DVD Express which you mentioned. The program menu in that screenshot is context sensitive plus some of those items will not be available at all in the 'Essentials' version. For whatever reason, Sonic/Roxio has released different versions with some features enabled or disabled according to which version you purchased.

Comparing your screenshot to my EMC8 version, Change Menu Background and Change menu Audio appears to not be available in your version.

then something seems fishy - on the product page for mydvd 8 it clearly states that this functionality is supported in the Essentials version: http://www.roxio.com/en/products/mydvd/index.jhtml

menu2.jpg

if this is the case (that this isn't supported) then I want a refund!!

then something seems fishy - on the product page for mydvd 8 it clearly states that this functionality is supported in the Essentials version: http://www.roxio.com/en/products/mydvd/index.jhtml

menu2.jpg

if this is the case (that this isn't supported) then I want a refund!!

Do you get any choices if you just right click on the menu background that is there?

Do you get any choices if you just right click on the menu background that is there?

the only choice is to change the menu style to one of the canned ones they provide - not to change the background image or anything like that.

believe me - i tried every permutation of menu/page/click that I could think of :)

turns out the product info on the web is completely wrong for MyDVD Essentials - support for a lot of things (changing menu backgrounds) simply isn't in this version.

after 3 support calls and two calls to inside sales they finally agreed to credit me back the money for the Essentials version and give me the Premiere version for half price.

at least in the end Roxio did the right thing, but if this is a common occurance (misleading product info) then they have a bigger problem to deal with.

suffice it to say that this is the last Roxio product I'll buy...

I've got the very same problem - except... I can't contact Technical Support - 0906 numbers are banned at work, and I work 9-5.30 Monday to Friday - which is exactly the same as their opening hours... and I can't contact the Inside Sales team because I can't dial their number either!!!

HELP!!!

so far i have talked to customer support twice now - the first time they told me to uninstall and reinstall after doing a virus and spyware scan.

that didn't work

the second guy told me to uninstall Nero (bogus) but i did it anyway. he wouldn't wait on the call so i had to drop off, uninstall nero and MyDVD, reinstall MyDVD only to discover that SURPRISE! that didn't work either.

i am now on hold for the third time trying to reach someone who can actually help me.

i am about 1 hour way from requesting a refund for this garbage software.

I certainly wouldn't blame you for being ticked off. :)

turns out the product info on the web is completely wrong for MyDVD Essentials - support for a lot of things (changing menu backgrounds) simply isn't in this version.

after 3 support calls and two calls to inside sales they finally agreed to credit me back the money for the Essentials version and give me the Premiere version for half price.

at least in the end Roxio did the right thing, but if this is a common occurance (misleading product info) then they have a bigger problem to deal with.

suffice it to say that this is the last Roxio product I'll buy...

Archived