• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave

abouma

Question

I was creating a slideshow with audio and text. I was snapping text to start at a certain place when an error occured and shutdown the program.

I restarted the program VideoWave and opened my project. I clicked on Timeline so I can snap the text to the place where I wanted it. The Timeline viewed the photos, transitions and audio as very small segments.

I zoomed-in which made the items larger but they were all stretched and makes impossibe to snap to where I would like.

I closed the project and started a new one and the Timeline view remained the same "small segments". I closed the program, uninstalled it and re-installed it. I tried a new project and the Timeline view was still showing small segments.

When EMC8 was first installed I was able to goto Timeline and move audio tracks, photos, and text anywhere along the timeline with ease, but after the program error it's not possibe.

If anyone has a solution I would very much appreciate your help.

Thanx

abouma

10 answers to this question

Is the problem that you cannot see the other tracks? If so, click on the icon that looks like a box with plus and minus signs. Make sure that the tracks you want to see are selected (checked). This is true also for the internal tracks.

I wanted to show a picture of the problem but I do not know how to capture it and show it in the forum.

Also it's not just text, I can't audio tracks or transitons either.

I wanted to show a picture of the problem but I do not know how to capture it and show it in the forum.

I would like the answer to how to perfom a screen shot too.

I would like the answer to how to perfom a screen shot too.

I'm not sure it is enabled for everyone, I think that the board owner has to enable it. When you reply to a post, if you see the "File Attachments" below the message it is probably enabled. If you are going to add a new topic, it will show up there also.

Screen shots are a Windows thing. When you have a screen that you want to capture, just press the keyboard key for "print screen" sometimes it requires CTRL-print screen. You will then need to put it into some program that will accept it. I use Adobe Photoshop Elements for convenience but you can use Photosuite or even a word processor like Word or the free Open Office program. If you are using a photo imaging program, you can do some cropping and size editing so it does not overflow the screen when you post it. One you save it, just use the controls below the message that says "File Attachments', browse to where it is on your computer and select it, then click on the button "Add this attachment" It will be attached to your post

For the original poster, this is what your timeline should look like if you are adding internal text. If you are adding to the normal "external" timeline, it would look similar but not yellow. Perhaps from this picture you can tell us what you do not see.

This is one time that a picture would help. I'm not sure if I understand you. You can zoom in and out on the timeline but you cannot place the text where you want it. Could you clarify? Are you zooming full out and full in and nothing in between?

If you are adding text to an image or to a color panel, it is best if you do that on an internal track. Double click on the image or the panel and the internal track will open (yellow color). Add the text there are the text will stay with the image or panel even if they are moved. Remember they are there if you want to edit or delete them later.

This is one time that a picture would help. I'm not sure if I understand you. You can zoom in and out on the timeline but you cannot place the text where you want it. Could you clarify? Are you zooming full out and full in and nothing in between?

If you are adding text to an image or to a color panel, it is best if you do that on an internal track. Double click on the image or the panel and the internal track will open (yellow color). Add the text there are the text will stay with the image or panel even if they are moved. Remember they are there if you want to edit or delete them later.

I was creating a slideshow with audio and text. I was snapping text to start at a certain place when an error occured and shutdown the program.

I restarted the program VideoWave and opened my project. I clicked on Timeline so I can snap the text to the place where I wanted it. The Timeline viewed the photos, transitions and audio as very small segments.

I zoomed-in which made the items larger but they were all stretched and makes impossibe to snap to where I would like.

Thanx

abouma

Nana - my favorite screenshot tool is a freebie called HoverSnap. Get it here

Hoversnap automatically saves to a directory of your choice. Three choices: entire screen, active window or defineable area. I also use their Regseeker.

Thanks alot Gary, which versions of these programs do you have. (beta?) :)

Is the problem that you cannot see the other tracks? If so, click on the icon that looks like a box with plus and minus signs. Make sure that the tracks you want to see are selected (checked). This is true also for the internal tracks.

I have added more memory to my system and the problem seems to have corrected itself, I really appreciate your help on this issue.

As for "Print Screen" I was not able to capture anything with the instructions you described. I went to Windows 2000 help and it said to use a command "Graphics"

Once again thankyou for your help.

abouma

Archived