Main Movie Files

jpack76@swbell.net

Question

Once you have ripped a DVD onto your hard drive you could, in Roxio EMC 7, choose to burn the whole disc or just the main movie file. The option was at the bottom of the window. I cannot find that feature in Roxio EMC 8. Is it there and I'm just dumb? Is it hidden in some menu that I don't know about? Is it not a feature in version 8? I would hate to back track to v7 but I may have to because that was a handy feature if you did not want the movie compressed too much. Please let clue me in if any one knows anything about this. I tried to do the Vid Compilation way and just choose the main movie, but every time I do this it stops at 29% and freezes. Go figure.

jp

5 answers to this question

Once you have ripped a DVD onto your hard drive you could, in Roxio EMC 7, choose to burn the whole disc or just the main movie file. The option was at the bottom of the window. I cannot find that feature in Roxio EMC 8. Is it there and I'm just dumb? Is it hidden in some menu that I don't know about? Is it not a feature in version 8? I would hate to back track to v7 but I may have to because that was a handy feature if you did not want the movie compressed too much. Please let clue me in if any one knows anything about this. I tried to do the Vid Compilation way and just choose the main movie, but every time I do this it stops at 29% and freezes. Go figure.

jp

There could be something wrong with the file, or it is a protected DVD, because you are doing it the correct way. If it is from a commercial DVD movie, it isn't going to copy in EMC.

There could be something wrong with the file, or it is a protected DVD, because you are doing it the correct way. If it is from a commercial DVD movie, it isn't going to copy in EMC.

No it is not a protected DVD. Although illiegal in some minds, I do have a decrypting program that "unlocks" the DVD and enables me to burn it without problem. I'm beginning to think that v8 just will not cooperate with me. I'll end up going back to v7.5 and just eat the $100 I spent on 8.

Anything that allows you to defeat the copyright protection in the US is illegal.I'll bet in the only minds that count that program is illegal.Since Roxio won't deal with encrypted content this could be your problem.

Anything that allows you to defeat the copyright protection in the US is illegal.I'll bet in the only minds that count that program is illegal.Since Roxio won't deal with encrypted content this could be your problem.

Ok, either I'm really confused at this point, or I'm being misunderstood. I have been burning decrypted DVD's for a while now using EMC 8. No problem there. My beef is that I want to only copy the main movie file, instead of all the menus and extra features. I could do this in v7.5 and I want to know if it can be done with v8.

Archived