• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Cd Keeps Asking To Insert Blank Disc

cove3

Question

After adding a .mpg file to the Audio CD window, and pressing the button, I get a recurring message "please insert a blank or rewritable disc" and the tray pops open. The message indicates a DVD-RW is an allowable type disc.

The disc in the Sony rewritable drive is a DVD-RW disc from a fresh pack and all the discs behave the same way. Disc information says it's a blank disc. The drive is working as I can create videos, do IN-CD backups, etc.

Anyone with a similar problem?

Regards, Ron

8 answers to this question

After adding a .mpg file to the Audio CD window, and pressing the button, I get a recurring message "please insert a blank or rewritable disc" and the tray pops open. The message indicates a DVD-RW is an allowable type disc.

The disc in the Sony rewritable drive is a DVD-RW disc from a fresh pack and all the discs behave the same way. Disc information says it's a blank disc. The drive is working as I can create videos, do IN-CD backups, etc.

Regards, Ron

Did you mistakenly think that this was a Nero forum? If not, then get InCD off of your computer, because things won't work correctly if you have both InCD and Drag to Disc on your computer at the same time.

You might want to check to see if you have Sonic DLA on your computer too, and dump that.

Regards, Ron

Umm... if you're trying to create an Audio CD, then indeed, EMC will be expecting a CD-R/RW disc, not a DVD-RW disc. Different formats and capacities. Try a CD-R instead of a DVD-RW. You'll also find that a CD-R will play in your standard CD player where a DVD-RW won't.

Hope that helps!

Ok, thanks. I'll buy some CD-RW discs & try that. I'm running Windows x64 and mistakenly referred to Nero In-CD when I meant to say Roxio Drag to Disk. Nero won't install In-CD under Windows x64, but Roxio will install Drag to Disk, so that's the only one I have & it copies files so I know the Sony DVD is working.

I guess I got confused in that the after adding a mp3 file, the Roxio CD-Audio message opening the tray says "please insert a blank or rewritable disc" followed by "accepted disc types CD-R, etc, etc, DVD-RW." This gave me the impression I could use DVD-RW for a audio CD.

Regards, Ron

A word of caution since V8 is a combination or compliation of programs from Roxio and from Sonic being combined. the fact that one program in V8 works in burning discs, it does not necessarily hold that every program will behave in the same way. :)

Ok, thanks. I'll buy some CD-RW discs & try that. I'm running Windows x64 and mistakenly referred to Nero In-CD when I meant to say Roxio Drag to Disk. Nero won't install In-CD under Windows x64, but Roxio will install Drag to Disk, so that's the only one I have & it copies files so I know the Sony DVD is working.

I guess I got confused in that the after adding a mp3 file, the Roxio CD-Audio message opening the tray says "please insert a blank or rewritable disc" followed by "accepted disc types CD-R, etc, etc, DVD-RW." This gave me the impression I could use DVD-RW for a audio CD.

Regards, Ron

One other note... I intentionally suggested CD-R, and not CD-RW. Many CD players are not able to read erasable discs, where most can read write-once (CD-R) discs.

Hope that helps!

Ok...I bought 50 CD-R discs and burned my songs successfully. Now I know I can't burn audio to DVD-RW. Thanks for the help

Regards, Ron

Glad that worked, and you're not exactly correct. You can burn audio to a DVD, but it's a different project. It's called an Audio DVD instead of an Audio CD, and you use DVD Music Assistant to do it. However, it will only play on a DVD player, and not your standard CD player, or in your car.

Hope that helps!

Absolutely correct Dave.The only thing I suggest is using Music Disc Creator instead of DVD Assistant.I've seemed to have more success getting one to complete with MDC as it seems have other people I've had try it.Just a side thought.

Archived