• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave8 Slowing Computer Down

benbloss@gmail.com

Question

I a trying to do a simple project with a couple of movies and a few slideshows. Whenever I add a slideshow to my project, videowave 8 takes over my computer and uses up 100% of my cpu. Even after I manage to close down mydvd 8, videowave 8 is still running in the background killing my computer. After doing an alt,ctrl, del and end process on videowave 8, life is ok again.

What is videowave 8 doing to my computer? I left it for about 20 minutes just to see if it was creating the slide show but it was still running away in the background.

I have a 1.6ghz m processor, 512MB memory, geforce 6800 go, 100gb hard drive. So computer specs are fine.

Please help as I am supposed to be sending DVD's out to students who just graduated a school.

thanks

13 answers to this question

Your computer is just above the minimum specification for this program so I would expect it to take a long time. If this is a new install, Media Manager may be running to catalog all your files. you can turn this off; there is an icon on the lower right.

Why do you think that VideoWave is hogging the resources? What is the actual process that is using the CPU.. There is a proxy file manager that seems to choke on some computers (slow ones especially but it does on all). This is saving all the proxy files so the NEXT time you open the project to work on it, it will open quicker. If you do a slide show in MyDVD, you will actually be making it in Slide Show Assistant. Some people have had problems with the assistant so it is best to start slide shows with VideoWave 8.

When doing any video work, make sure that you have plenty of free space on your hard drive. Disconnect from the internet, run your anti-virus and anti-malware. Defrag your hard drive. Reboot and shut down any running programs including the anti-virus and anti mal-ware programs. Set your computer to best performance (Windows command). If it is a laptop, shut down all power savings settings. Do not do anything else with the computer while doing the video work. This is especially true when you do the video rendering later in the process.

I a trying to do a simple project with a couple of movies and a few slideshows. Whenever I add a slideshow to my project, videowave 8 takes over my computer and uses up 100% of my cpu. Even after I manage to close down mydvd 8, videowave 8 is still running in the background killing my computer. After doing an alt,ctrl, del and end process on videowave 8, life is ok again.

What is videowave 8 doing to my computer? I left it for about 20 minutes just to see if it was creating the slide show but it was still running away in the background.

I have a 1.6ghz m processor, 512MB memory, geforce 6800 go, 100gb hard drive. So computer specs are fine.

Please help as I am supposed to be sending DVD's out to students who just graduated a school.

thanks

No my computer is not just above the minimum specs. I have a 1.6GHZ M. That is not a 1.6GHZ. Also I have double the memory required and also the next best grapics card out there. the 256MB Geforce Go. After adding slide shows I left my computer for 2 hours!!!!! and videowave8 is still taking 100% cpu. In case your next excuse is that I haven't updated my drivers, yes I have. I also have no other programs running in the background, not that they would have chance to do anything as videowave8 has 100% of cpu!!!

Please give me a fix to this or I want my money back.

thanks.

If it isn't watched folders, I don't know what it could be. I don't have a problem with MyDVD or Videowave hogging the CPU. The only time it uses alot of the CPU is during rendering a file or actively editing, etc. When I exit Videowave, it promptly removes itself from memory.

lucky you!! My promptly doesn't close down and continues to run until I end the process in task manager. I also just created a project added some slide shows and video and then left it over night for 10 hours to see if videowave8 ever stops doing what ever it is doing and no when I woke up this morning videowave8 is still hogging my processor 99%. What is videowave8 doing, will someone please tell me?

I managed after a day (and I am not joking, I was able to add a new slideshow every hour or so) of adding all the slideshows I want and video to the DVD, and have mydvd tell me I have 16mb left on the DVD, tried to burn a DVD. First time it hung creating the first slide show. Second time it got all the way ready to burn to tell me I don't have enough space on the DVD. So I guess mydvd lies as to how big my project is.

This program is a joke, and to see I paid $80 for it. Do the testers ever test this product before they realise it. I used to program video games and had to work 24/7 with the testers until all the bugs were out unless we could not realise the video game. Do Roxio just release their products when the program says he is finished? I hope that roxio releases an update for this program very soon which fixes all the bugs. Looking at this forum it seems like it is a terribly bugged product and that is just the mydvd forum, I haven't even looked at the other forums for the other programs that came with this product.

Oh another bug I never mentioned when I first purchased the product. I wanted to just install backup mypc, whatever it is called, so when installing made sure I only installed that program and guess what? Yes it didn't install and just hung my computer. Even the install program doesn't work properly.

I have no other problems with my computer, I have many (non roxio) programs on here that work fine and have installed, and used many other products in the last week which work fine so I know my computer is not the cause of all these problems, just roxio and its badly untested media creator 8.

I have finished my ranting and raving, thanks for listening.

lucky you!! My promptly doesn't close down and continues to run until I end the process in task manager. I also just created a project added some slide shows and video and then left it over night for 10 hours to see if videowave8 ever stops doing what ever it is doing and no when I woke up this morning videowave8 is still hogging my processor 99%. What is videowave8 doing, will someone please tell me?

I managed after a day (and I am not joking, I was able to add a new slideshow every hour or so) of adding all the slideshows I want and video to the DVD, and have mydvd tell me I have 16mb left on the DVD, tried to burn a DVD. First time it hung creating the first slide show. Second time it got all the way ready to burn to tell me I don't have enough space on the DVD. So I guess mydvd lies as to how big my project is.

This program is a joke, and to see I paid $80 for it. Do the testers ever test this product before they realise it. I used to program video games and had to work 24/7 with the testers until all the bugs were out unless we could not realise the video game. Do Roxio just release their products when the program says he is finished? I hope that roxio releases an update for this program very soon which fixes all the bugs. Looking at this forum it seems like it is a terribly bugged product and that is just the mydvd forum, I haven't even looked at the other forums for the other programs that came with this product.

Oh another bug I never mentioned when I first purchased the product. I wanted to just install backup mypc, whatever it is called, so when installing made sure I only installed that program and guess what? Yes it didn't install and just hung my computer. Even the install program doesn't work properly.

I have no other problems with my computer, I have many (non roxio) programs on here that work fine and have installed, and used many other products in the last week which work fine so I know my computer is not the cause of all these problems, just roxio and its badly untested media creator 8.

I have finished my ranting and raving, thanks for listening.

No problem at all on the ranting. Frustration will definitely cause that. The only thing that I can say is, you have other issues going on with your comptuter that is causing the problem. I have no clue what software you have on your computer, but one of them is not playing nicely with EMC 8.

Until you find that cause, I don't know how anyone will be able to help.

I forgot to add another bug I found, I tried to delete the video so I just have slideshows on the DVD and hopefully enough space on my DVD. I right click on one of the videos and guess what, yes you got it, mydvd 8 crashes.

Praise the Lord!!!

This is so funny!! I want to cry.

Sarcasm is not my forte.

No problem at all on the ranting. Frustration will definitely cause that. The only thing that I can say is, you have other issues going on with your comptuter that is causing the problem. I have no clue what software you have on your computer, but one of them is not playing nicely with EMC 8.

Until you find that cause, I don't know how anyone will be able to help.

What possibly could be causing the problem? I work with adobe premiere and have no problems. I play video games all the time and have no problems. No problems until I used this product. By the way I have uninstalled, reinstalled many times to see if that helps and of course, nope.

Maybe roxio can send a tech person to my house, haha. I wish.

Maybe if I was Bill Gates son they might send someone, unfortunately I just work for a college and want to do some nice DVD's for a team I took on a mission trip.

Can anyone suggest some software that works, is Nero any good?

Also whats the returns like with roxio, are they pretty good at giving money back for people like me?

How can I completely remove this software from my computer as well as I am scared what other things it might of done to my registry or files?!?!

No my computer is not just above the minimum specs. I have a 1.6GHZ M. That is not a 1.6GHZ. Also I have double the memory required and also the next best grapics card out there. the 256MB Geforce Go. After adding slide shows I left my computer for 2 hours!!!!! and videowave8 is still taking 100% cpu. In case your next excuse is that I haven't updated my drivers, yes I have. I also have no other programs running in the background, not that they would have chance to do anything as videowave8 has 100% of cpu!!!

Please give me a fix to this or I want my money back.

thanks.

Well, since this is just a User forum, and the other posters are your fellow users, you'll need to contact Roxio/Sonic if you want a refund.

How many photos are in the slideshow you are trying to add?

Are you working in MyDVD (sounds like you may be) or Videowave to start each production?

I agree with Bruce. There has to be something else wrong with your computer. You go on about what YOU think is a bug. If it can't be reproduced, it ain't a bug. If you were previously a programmer, then you would know that. You would also know that uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't always fix these kinds of problems. Have you read through the forum and tried some of the other suggestions?

In one breathe you mention that you use Adobe Premiere and then turn around and ask us to recommend something that works. How about Adobe Premiere?

To remove, try Control Panel , Add/Remove Applications. It does work. If you feel it leaves too much behind, I like using Regseeker. Great little registry editor. You can do a generic search for 'Roxio' and delete anything that may be left over. Use at your own risk. As you mentioned, editing the registry can really cause an OS reinstall.

Not sure what the return policy is, but you can Contact Customer Service at the link to the left.

I agree with Bruce. There has to be something else wrong with your computer. You go on about what YOU think is a bug. If it can't be reproduced, it ain't a bug. If you were previously a programmer, then you would know that. You would also know that uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't always fix these kinds of problems. Have you read through the forum and tried some of the other suggestions?

In one breathe you mention that you use Adobe Premiere and then turn around and ask us to recommend something that works. How about Adobe Premiere?

To remove, try Control Panel , Add/Remove Applications. It does work. If you feel it leaves too much behind, I like using Regseeker. Great little registry editor. You can do a generic search for 'Roxio' and delete anything that may be left over. Use at your own risk. As you mentioned, editing the registry can really cause an OS reinstall.

Not sure what the return policy is, but can Contact Customer Service at the link to the left.

A bug is an error in a program.

1. Crashing when installing backup mypc = bug. Reproduced twice.

2. Crashing when trying to right click, delete a video in project view = bug. Reprodcued unumbered times.

3. When creating a slideshow in premiere does not crash cause my cpu to have 99% of resources being used up. When adding (not even creating) a slideshow in mydvd causes my computer to pretty much freeze. I am still waiting to find out what videowave8 is doing in the background of my computer that takes up 99% of resources and still runs after I close mydvd. = bug. Reprodced 3 times I have tried to restart this project.

4. OK maybe videowave8 hogging my resources is not a bug, but it certainly ain't good coding and I would never be able to release a product that was so slow it take all day to try and create a project. I am not the only person finding that this product hangs their computer.

5. Premiere works, mydvd 8 does not work. Look at the forums!!!!!! Plus this is a roxio forum, not adobe. Whether premiere works or not I care about the simple task of trying to create a simple dvd with some simple wmv and picture slideshows and am blown away with the number of simple things wrong with this product.

6. Why doesn't the DVD type get saved in the project, now that is a simple task for any programmer. Yes its not hard for me to go and change, oh wait, no it is hard, because I have to wait hours before anything responds to my mouse clicks. Haha.

The only reason I ever started asking questions in this forum was to see if anyone had a solution.

Sounds like the watched folders is turned on and it's indexing the files. You keep interrupting it so it never finishes. There should be an icon in the systray that says RoxWatch when you hover the mouse over it. Right click and turn OFF watched folders. It should stay off until you reboot or you can permanently turn it off in the Media Manager.

I forgot to add another bug I found, I tried to delete the video so I just have slideshows on the DVD and hopefully enough space on my DVD. I right click on one of the videos and guess what, yes you got it, mydvd 8 crashes.

Praise the Lord!!!

This is so funny!! I want to cry.

Sarcasm is not my forte.

What possibly could be causing the problem? I work with adobe premiere and have no problems. I play video games all the time and have no problems. No problems until I used this product. By the way I have uninstalled, reinstalled many times to see if that helps and of course, nope.

Maybe roxio can send a tech person to my house, haha. I wish.

Maybe if I was Bill Gates son they might send someone, unfortunately I just work for a college and want to do some nice DVD's for a team I took on a mission trip.

Can anyone suggest some software that works, is Nero any good?

Also whats the returns like with roxio, are they pretty good at giving money back for people like me?

How can I completely remove this software from my computer as well as I am scared what other things it might of done to my registry or files?!?!

Part of you problem is you are not reading the posts. If you want to know if Nero is good, go to the Nero sponsored forums. If you find them, come back and let us know.

Well, since this is just a User forum, and the other posters are your fellow users, you'll need to contact Roxio/Sonic if you want a refund.

How many photos are in the slideshow you are trying to add?

Are you working in MyDVD (sounds like you may be) or Videowave to start each production?

I am working in MyDVD and when I add a slideshow it has around 50-100 photos in each show.

Sounds like the watched folders is turned on and it's indexing the files. You keep interrupting it so it never finishes. There should be an icon in the systray that says RoxWatch when you hover the mouse over it. Right click and turn OFF watched folders. It should stay off until you reboot or you can permanently turn it off in the Media Manager.

oh no I already figured that cpu hog program was killing my computer the other day. I just left my computer on over night whilst that program did what it had to do.

It's definetly videowave8 that is hogging the cpu. Task manager tells me that. I have even managed to exit mydvd and videowave8 is still running in the background of my computer at 99% cpu doing something.

Can you actually tell me what it is doing, especially as I have closed mydvd down?!?!

If it isn't watched folders, I don't know what it could be. I don't have a problem with MyDVD or Videowave hogging the CPU. The only time it uses alot of the CPU is during rendering a file or actively editing, etc. When I exit Videowave, it promptly removes itself from memory.

Archived