• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Gui Option To Copy From Hd

rideyrbike@msn.com

Question

Not sure if this is the right forum...

I'm using RecordNow 8 Premier. I want to create a DVD from unencrypted files (vob, ifo, etc) from my hard drive. According to the Help, I'm supposed to use Disc copy and browse to the files. However there is no option to browse. It only shows the burner as the source.

Should I be trying to create a Data disc rather than use disc copy?

9 answers to this question

nope - I do not have those options that you have (which is what the Help showed).

ummm.. I can't figure out how to attach the screenshot....

In any case I don't have that full menu in Disc Copy and I don't have any way to select a different source.

If you've purchased the RecordNow 8 Premiere, as you stated, then I think it's time you contacted Customer Service. The screen shot I pasted came right off the product page (for the Essentials version actually), where it also states that you can copy form a dvd video folder on the hard drive. So since yours doesn't have the option, that's where I would go next.

I think it's time you contacted Customer Service. The screen shot I pasted came right off the product page (for the Essentials version actually), where it also states that you can copy form a dvd video folder on the hard drive. So since yours doesn't have the option, that's where I would go next.

Thanks - you are right, this requires tech support - though my other issue is trying to contact them - i waited 4-5 minutes for a chat session then had to move on to something else. I can't see the logic to pay the $35 support call for a $45 product. I was able to uninstall RecordNow and install Nero 6 OEM and it works just fine - for DVD5. (My original goal was to get a succssful burn to a double layer disc - had trouble with Nero and with Imgbrn even using Verbatim discs. I thought I'd try RecordNow based on some other forum info.)

I'll try a chat session with them again later today.

thanks for the replies, guys.

Thanks - you are right, this requires tech support - though my other issue is trying to contact them - i waited 4-5 minutes for a chat session then had to move on to something else. I can't see the logic to pay the $35 support call for a $45 product. I was able to uninstall RecordNow and install Nero 6 OEM and it works just fine - for DVD5. (My original goal was to get a succssful burn to a double layer disc - had trouble with Nero and with Imgbrn even using Verbatim discs. I thought I'd try RecordNow based on some other forum info.)

I'll try a chat session with them again later today.

thanks for the replies, guys.

The $35 charge is not automatic, even tho it asks for a CC # before you get to a person. Since you don't supply a CC expire date until after you talk to someone, and only then after they determine your call is chargable, you can still end the call without giving it to them, so there is no way they can charge you. Based on past experience with them, I do not think they will charge you at all. They may end up passing you on to another department tho, like customer service.

Based on past experience with them, I do not think they will charge you at all. They may end up passing you on to another department tho, like customer service.

Ah, good to know. well I passed myself on to customer service and got a refund. I could never get a response from tech support chat - apparently they are very busy. even customer support chat took a long time to respond.

Anyway, too bad. I had always loved Easy Creator 5 - I still have it on my old PC. I've no love for this Nero, but I have to go with what works. (though I still have some more testing on burning to DL.)

Thanks again for all the suggestions and now that I know the scoop on phone support, maybe I'll give Roxio another try in the future, what with Blu Ray, HD whatever else on the horizon.

For source, click on the down arrow beside the drive name. Does it not list Browse for files? According to the Roxio Store, RecordNow 8 Premier should have this feature.

No, it does not. Yes it should have this feature - it is the primary reason I bought it.

In fact my screen does not look quite like yours. When I get home I'll capture a screen shot and attach it

No, it does not. Yes it should have this feature - it is the primary reason I bought it.

In fact my screen does not look quite like yours. When I get home I'll capture a screen shot and attach it

Does your screen look something like this one? If so, you should be selecting the Copy DVD Movies choice, it should open the Disc Copier component that should match the screen shot Gary posted.

copy_guide.jpg

Does your screen look something like this one? If so, you should be selecting the Copy DVD Movies choice, it should open the Disc Copier component that should match the screen shot Gary posted.

yes, that looks more ike it - but I'm pretty sure I did not have the Copy DVD Movies or the Compile DVD... options. That would have been pretty obvious to me... well, I hope it would have been, but it was late last night. I uninstalled RecordNow last night so I could reinstall this evening. Will repost what I find then.

Thanks!

nope - I do not have those options that you have (which is what the Help showed).

ummm.. I can't figure out how to attach the screenshot....

In any case I don't have that full menu in Disc Copy and I don't have any way to select a different source.

Archived