• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Adding Audio Tracks To A Pre-recorded Rw Cd

orcashusband

Question

I am a registered Roxio 7 Creator user. I have been unsuccessful in ADDING new audio tracks to a pre-recorded RW CD with two or three short audio tracks. I have checked internet help (?), FAQ's, Roxio 7 for Dummies for step by step instructions without success. Can't figure out why this won't work.

I am sing a Toshiba Qosmio G25 laptop with Windows Media Center O/S. Lates Roxio 7 updates.

Can you help. If possible please reply by email to

Roger Bass

rogerb9@cox.net

2 answers to this question

I am a registered Roxio 7 Creator user. I have been unsuccessful in ADDING new audio tracks to a pre-recorded RW CD with two or three short audio tracks. I have checked internet help (?), FAQ's, Roxio 7 for Dummies for step by step instructions without success. Can't figure out why this won't work.

I am sing a Toshiba Qosmio G25 laptop with Windows Media Center O/S. Lates Roxio 7 updates.

Roger Bass

I have to assume that the disc is from a friend or at least not a "commercially pressed" disc, if you say it's a CD-RW disc? It's entirely possible that it was written in Disc-At-Once mode, which closes the disc, and will not allow more tracks to be written. Only if the disc is written in Track-At-Once mode, and is still open can you add more tracks. And obviously, a commercially pressed disc can't be written to.

As was suggested, the easiest way to accomplish what you want is to rip the tracks from the current CD, then make a new disc from those, including your new tracks.

You may also want to go back and edit your original message and remove your e-mail address unless you like getting extra spam. Boards like these get trolled for e-mail addresses.

Hope that helps!

Roger Bass

rogerb9@cox.net

I have no clue on how you are trying to add the tracks, but if you can't do it, copy the tracks that are on the CD, to your hard drive, then burn those, and the new tracks, to a new CD. It will cost you about $0.15.

Archived