• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Media Import

Bordie

Question

:angry: Softare only acknowledges Digital In for an input when attempting to import audio and video. Need composite and S-Video also, was able to get it once previously by downloading additional driver, but unsuccessful on more recent attempts. Anyone know a solution?

8 answers to this question

Don't know how to change the sound board inputs- but I realized after my last post that I DO have composite audio through Video Capture only. I can listen to the radio/cassette I'm trying to capture through the video side, but can't record anything. The Audio Capture isn't giving me any options for additional inputs other than Master Volume, which doesn't work. This is really sounding to me to be a software issue, not hardware.

:huh:OK, Line In jack works well, now that I've upgraded (at first I couldn't hear what was being inputed- only saw it on the recording level bars). Now I have a different problem- the CD's that I burn the cassettes to won't read on my home audio system (useing Windows Media Player). Also, if I try to burn a CD from Roxio, the dialog box says "Insert Disk", even though it does read one in the tray. I can't get past the pop up box to burn a disk. Talked to a pinhead at HP, and tried to uninstall driver with no good results. Have the most upgraded software (as of a couple days ago- don't like this having to get so many upgrades- seems a bit rediculous)

Don't know how to change the sound board inputs- but I realized after my last post that I DO have composite audio through Video Capture only. I can listen to the radio/cassette I'm trying to capture through the video side, but can't record anything. The Audio Capture isn't giving me any options for additional inputs other than Master Volume, which doesn't work. This is really sounding to me to be a software issue, not hardware.

I'm confused. Are you trying to capture audio? If so, you have to do it through your sound card. You don't capture audio anything through video anything. If you only have Master volume, in Audio capture, you have your settings wrong.

The sound board came with the system- that is to say it is a HP Media Center, I beleve it is a Hauppague sound card. I don't believe that's the problem. Today while messing with it, I found I still have the composite and S-Video on VIDEO CAPTURE ONLY! Audio capture doesn't give me any options for additional inputs. Tried downloading new audio driver with no good results.

The sound board came with the system- that is to say it is a HP Media Center, I beleve it is a Hauppague sound card. I don't believe that's the problem. Today while messing with it, I found I still have the composite and S-Video on VIDEO CAPTURE ONLY! Audio capture doesn't give me any options for additional inputs. Tried downloading new audio driver with no good results.

Change your settings for that Hauppauge card to Composite or Composite 2, and see what happens.

Yeah, I had an attack of the stupids- I looked right at the setup guide and didn't see what it was describing. I figured I could use the composite audio inputs to capture, but I hve realized (after much frustration) that I must use the LINE IN mini jack to capture sound. Thanks for your input.

Yeah, I had an attack of the stupids- I looked right at the setup guide and didn't see what it was describing. I figured I could use the composite audio inputs to capture, but I hve realized (after much frustration) that I must use the LINE IN mini jack to capture sound. Thanks for your input.

You're welcome. Let us know if it works for you.

Archived