Successful Install But No Dvd & Video Function

julie71771

Question

I installed this software successfully, but no DVD or video functions will work. All the other programs (music, photo, etc) are great. This was mainly intended for home movies so it is disappointing. The error message I get is: RoxWizardLauncher.exe has generated errors and needs to be closed by Windows. It will start to load the program I select (Quick DVD, Create DVD, etc) but then the error messages creep in. I even tried installing the update patch. Still nothing. My system is Windows XP Home Edition. There is more than enough memory. I updated all the video drivers, etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

6 answers to this question

and tried a reinstall.

And how did it run after the install?

Also make sure that you have the latest DirectX installed, (found Here)

and i note that you say that you downloaded the product, and you also say you applied the patch, this download version of the patch (100 meg ) is for the boxed version not the downloaded version, so forget that part.

Also make sure that you Dont have any versions of Packet writing software on the unit, you Dont say if it is a Dell or HP, Tosh ect, as sometimes the makers place Direct packet CD/DVD writing software on the box's they sell, make sure you remove any of these , then reboot and best to run Zap again a few times , then clean the registry again and try that again, then do your install, also remember once you have installed the main app CD, then Dont do any of the registering side, reboot then install the continence CD, then reboot and do the registration side again, then see if it works again?

Hope this helps

I installed this software successfully, but no DVD or video functions will work. All the other programs (music, photo, etc) are great. This was mainly intended for home movies so it is disappointing. The error message I get is: RoxWizardLauncher.exe has generated errors and needs to be closed by Windows. It will start to load the program I select (Quick DVD, Create DVD, etc) but then the error messages creep in. I even tried installing the update patch. Still nothing. My system is Windows XP Home Edition. There is more than enough memory. I updated all the video drivers, etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

What you really need to do is list your system specs, similar to how I have them listed in my signature.

Also, go to Start/Run, type in msconfig, click on the Startup tab, and uncheck the roxiowatch box, and reboot. Then put a check in the box of the popup that comes up when Windows boots up, so that you don't get the message every time your computer boots up.

What you really need to do is list your system specs, similar to how I have them listed in my signature.

Also, go to Start/Run, type in msconfig, click on the Startup tab, and uncheck the roxiowatch box, and reboot. Then put a check in the box of the popup that comes up when Windows boots up, so that you don't get the message every time your computer boots up.

Okay, thanks. Here goes:

Intel P4 2.6GHz

80 GB Harddrive Ultra ATA 100

256 MB DDR

3D Intel Extreme Graphics 3D

DVD+/-RW

IDE\CDROM_NEC_DVD_RW_ND-1300A____________________1.05____\5&1D617A6D&0&0.1.0

IDE\CDROMJLMS_XJ-HD166S__________________________DTS5____\5&1D617A6D&0&0.0.0

Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2

Unsure how to find out what video and audio cards are installed...

My mom was the one that set this all up because she loves to watch her grandkids. She is so disappointed I am actually in the process of buying/downloading another copy in case there was something wrong with the one she got for me. I could not seem to get anyone human at the companyn to respond. I am very grateful for your assistance. If something makes this work my family could sure use that $80 some odd dollars for other things.

I am actually in the process of buying/downloading another copy in case there was something wrong with the one she got for me.

Hi Julie,

DONT buy another copy, hold off that , and let users here try to help you, it may take a short wile, but if all go's well you may be up and running soon, please Listen and do what is suggested by People like grandpabruce.

I hope you all the luck.

And how did it run after the install?

Also make sure that you have the latest DirectX installed, (found Here)

and i note that you say that you downloaded the product, and you also say you applied the patch, this download version of the patch (100 meg ) is for the boxed version not the downloaded version, so forget that part.

Also make sure that you Dont have any versions of Packet writing software on the unit, you Dont say if it is a Dell or HP, Tosh ect, as sometimes the makers place Direct packet CD/DVD writing software on the box's they sell, make sure you remove any of these , then reboot and best to run Zap again a few times , then clean the registry again and try that again, then do your install, also remember once you have installed the main app CD, then Dont do any of the registering side, reboot then install the continence CD, then reboot and do the registration side again, then see if it works again?

Hope this helps

Thanks :) This is an Emachine, an offshoot of Gateway. Yes, the directx is the newest version. I found that there were a few files from the version 5 that were not completely deleted. After manually deleting, running registry cleaner and getting rid of the patch, it is fully functional. I guess I was really ignorant as to how these things work. I was under the impression that this would be as simple as installing an office program and launching it. I had no idea that it took days of playing just to install and another full day just to render and burn one video for family members not to mention using all of yoru systems resources. The commercials for these applications make them look so simple. It would be great if someone could invent a program that could produce results in terms of a software program that would save the consumer time and perhaps even run in the background. I now have a whole new level of respect for teh folks out there who produce videos for a living. :huh: Thank you for all of your help to get this up and running. Grandma is watching her grandkids now & loves it.

Hi Julie,

DONT buy another copy, hold off that , and let users here try to help you, it may take a short wile, but if all go's well you may be up and running soon, please Listen and do what is suggested by People like grandpabruce.

I hope you all the luck.

Thank you, I am trying. I know my mom is visiting this weekend and she will want to see something so hopefully I can make this work. So far I did was I was told to here. In addition, I used roxio zap to get rid of an old version that was bundled with this pc, ran a registry cleaner and tried a reinstall.

Archived