Invalid Cd Key Message

rgbyford

Question

Trying to install EMC 8 (new purchaser) and get an "Invalid CD key" message on ONE of my computers (of course the one I want the program on). On two others I can get past the CD key entry with no problem. I've tried all the 0/O and 1/l substitutions (and of course I know what works because of installing on the other machines (slow, no DVD writer, ...). I tried installing across the network, from a CD drive on another machine. Same problem. Very confused. All help appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Trying to install EMC 8 (new purchaser) and get an "Invalid CD key" message on ONE of my computers (of course the one I want the program on). On two others I can get past the CD key entry with no problem. I've tried all the 0/O and 1/l substitutions (and of course I know what works because of installing on the other machines (slow, no DVD writer, ...). I tried installing across the network, from a CD drive on another machine. Same problem. Very confused. All help appreciated.

Hi rgbyford, there is a wealth of expertise here in this site with all the users and Guru's, but of all the things we can do, the one and only thing we cannot is sorting our CD Keys, so all i can say is this one you need to register this issue with Roxio support.

PS the help line says that they will charge you for the call, on this id be VERY surprised if they do.

Make sure your system date is current.

Archived