• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Arranging pictures and videos in VideoWave

CoreNiel

Question

With in VideoWave, I am creating a new Production. I inserted 300+ photos and videos. Now, I want to arrange them in certain groups (or in order), but haven't found an easy way. When I move by click and drag, I get an empty tile ( I guess that's what they are called) with a number in it. If I right click and choose Cut and paste it where I want it, it works fine too, but I am hoping to be able to move them easily like within Windows Explorer.

I guess I could arrange them before hand, but I really don't want to start over. I spent too much time with overlays, and transitions. Any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

I suggest that the whole idea of making a production in Videowave is to know what to do first, next, next etc. As Karri suggested it's always best to arrange your photos, colored text slides etc. the way you want them prior to adding transitions. That way you don't have the problem of empty slides. Then you can drop and drag, move groups, etc. and it's not that hard to do. I have found that adding transitions is the last thing I do. Once in a while there just might be a photo that is out of place or not where I want it but then drag and drop and remove the transition is again not that big a deal.

Adding audio or music to your production and getting it where you want it and for the length of time for a certain group of slides is always another challange, but done in the right order while adding photos and adjusting the time durations etc. will help too.

Frank...

Great post Frank ~ I agree, there is something to be said for keeping things in order. I also agree that doing things the way they flow best for VideoWave can alleviate a lot of headache.

Here is my contribution to your list: I like to gather all my final materials for a production into one folder (with subfolders) before I get started in VideoWave. I find that keeps the project organized and moving along pretty quickly.

Great post Frank ~ I agree, there is something to be said for keeping things in order. I also agree that doing things the way they flow best for VideoWave can alleviate a lot of headache.

Here is my contribution to your list: I like to gather all my final materials for a production into one folder (with subfolders) before I get started in VideoWave. I find that keeps the project organized and moving along pretty quickly.

Excellent suggestion Karri regarding keeping all files and materials in one place. I have been helping many of my friends that live locally in my area and using EMC programs, and that is one thing I have been suggesting to all of them. Photos, videos, music audio files and even their final DMSM and DMSD produced files all in the same folder or sub folders is a great way to go.

Frank...

I find that an extra empty panel will be created if you move an image to a new position and don't take its accompanying transition with it. I generally add all of my images first, arrange them however I want, and then add the transitions. After that, if I find there is more rearranging needed, I drag and drop to where I want, and then delete the extra transition next to the empty panel, which, I've found, will also delete the empty panel. (Alternately, take the transition with the image by Shift or Ctrl Clicking its transition.)

To drag and drop groups of images at once, click on the first one and then Shift Click the last one in the group (or Ctrl Click each one if they are not adjacent) and drag the entire bunch at once to a new position in the production.Then you can drag and drop those into the order you want within that subgroup.

If you have added transitions using a Theme, you might want to change the theme back to Cuts while you rearrange and then apply your Transition Theme once you are satisfied with the order of images in the whole production. I find that waiting to this point to add the transitions seems to work a bit more smoothly. At this point though, with 300+, try dragging in groups with the transitions included. (As you mentioned, this method also works by cut and paste.)

Thanks for your imput. I was able to create a DVD like I wanted to.

With in VideoWave, I am creating a new Production. I inserted 300+ photos and videos. Now, I want to arrange them in certain groups (or in order), but haven't found an easy way. When I move by click and drag, I get an empty tile ( I guess that's what they are called) with a number in it. If I right click and choose Cut and paste it where I want it, it works fine too, but I am hoping to be able to move them easily like within Windows Explorer.

I guess I could arrange them before hand, but I really don't want to start over. I spent too much time with overlays, and transitions. Any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

You could drag them in, the way you want them. Or, you can name them, so in Explorer, they are in the order you want. Outside of that, there is no easy way to do it.

Thanks for your imput. I was able to create a DVD like I wanted to.

Great :) I'm glad the information helped you. I'm working on creating some basic VW usability tips and Steve (sknis) has already produced some terrific video tips on more advanced usability topics. Check the Tips and Tricks Forum for EMC V9 for those (V9 is very similar to 10).

I suggest that the whole idea of making a production in Videowave is to know what to do first, next, next etc. As Karri suggested it's always best to arrange your photos, colored text slides etc. the way you want them prior to adding transitions. That way you don't have the problem of empty slides. Then you can drop and drag, move groups, etc. and it's not that hard to do. I have found that adding transitions is the last thing I do. Once in a while there just might be a photo that is out of place or not where I want it but then drag and drop and remove the transition is again not that big a deal.

Adding audio or music to your production and getting it where you want it and for the length of time for a certain group of slides is always another challange, but done in the right order while adding photos and adjusting the time durations etc. will help too.

Frank...

I find that an extra empty panel will be created if you move an image to a new position and don't take its accompanying transition with it. I generally add all of my images first, arrange them however I want, and then add the transitions. After that, if I find there is more rearranging needed, I drag and drop to where I want, and then delete the extra transition next to the empty panel, which, I've found, will also delete the empty panel. (Alternately, take the transition with the image by Shift or Ctrl Clicking its transition.)

To drag and drop groups of images at once, click on the first one and then Shift Click the last one in the group (or Ctrl Click each one if they are not adjacent) and drag the entire bunch at once to a new position in the production.Then you can drag and drop those into the order you want within that subgroup.

If you have added transitions using a Theme, you might want to change the theme back to Cuts while you rearrange and then apply your Transition Theme once you are satisfied with the order of images in the whole production. I find that waiting to this point to add the transitions seems to work a bit more smoothly. At this point though, with 300+, try dragging in groups with the transitions included. (As you mentioned, this method also works by cut and paste.)

Archived