• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creating a slide show

Bryce Gibson

Question

4 answers to this question

1. Open Videowave and on the left in the TOOLS section, click on "New Slideshow." This will take you into slideshow assistant where pan and zoom is checked by default thus giving use a auto motion effect in all the images. To my knowledge, you cannot otherwise globally apply auto motion.

Charlie

There is a post in the Tips and Tricks area of EMC 9 that gives you many of the steps you listed plus more on My DVD and burning the disc. Link is here. There is a lot of other good information in the Tips and Tricks areas of both EMC 9 and EMC 10. Almost all of the information is common to EMC 8, 9 and 10. Disc Copier is not called Copy and Convert though. :rolleyes:

I also had HUGE problems initially creating slideshows. DON'T use the "create slideshow" most frequent task on the home screen (it won't work for large numbers).

1. Open Videowave and on the left in the TOOLS section, click on "New Slideshow." This will take you into slideshow assistant where pan and zoom is checked by default thus giving use a auto motion effect in all the images. To my knowledge, you cannot otherwise globally apply auto motion.

2. Choose music. You can edit and/or add more later.

3. Choose transtion, and duration of the image. The default is 5.00 sec. I prefers dissolves and 4.00 sec .

4. Click finish and this will take you into Videowave again. You can preview, move, delete and edit your images. I edit the transition duration (0.7 sec works for me) and apply it to all transitions.

5. You can also add more music in the timeline view. I find that adding the next track in the SFX track and overlapping it slightly with the previous track gives me the best effect. BTW, the SFX track is not visible by default. To see it, right click in the track section and check the sfx box in the window that opens.

6. Also, while in Videowave, go to Tools/Options and and where it says "render using", choose "software." Not sure why this works but a variety of tech support and other advisors have insisted on it for my setup. I don't know if you'll need it too.

7. When you are done, go to FILE/Save As, choose a folder to store your production in, NAME the thing, and press save. Note that this will save it with an .dmsm extension. This is useful later as you can load it into MYDVD as a movie.

8. Also note that this is a rather fragile program. If weird things happen, the following is useful. I no longer recall which fix applies to which particular glitch.

Fixes:

1. Disconnect from the internet, disable your antiviral and antispyware if you dare, set screensaver to none, and defrag the system even if the analysis says you don't need to.

2. Go to Windows-R (same as START/RUN), type in temp. In the box that opens choose all the files and delete. Don't worry i some will not. REPEAT this step but this time type in %temp% and delete those files too.

Hope this helps. BTW when you are later in MYDVD, if you need to do further edits, you can do so there but better to exit MYDVD, reopen videowave, edit and resave there, exit and reopen MYDVD. Add the new version of the dmsm. I haven't tried this yet. Maybe it will load automatically from the file name alone.

Charlie

Selecting the "New Slideshow" is the same as using the 2-step Slideshow Assistant.

You can accomplish the same thing (add photos, videos, text, effects, transitions, etc) and much more by using the menu items under the Add Content in the left pane.

Also, Auto Motion can be done globally. Once you have all the pictures, on Timeline view, press Ctrl+A and then right click on a picture and select Auto Motion. If you keep doing this, the Auto Motion cycles to a number (I forgot how many) of different set of pan/zoom effect.

Archived