• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Version 8.0 Product Update Does Work

mlbullen

Question

I have Easy Media Creator 7.5 and 8.0 installed and I continue to use both products. I have been trying to perform an upgrade to the latest release of 8.0, however it does not appear to work. My purchase history is as follows:

1) Purchased 7.0 retail (Box & CD).

2) Purchased 7.5 upgrade online and downloaded.

3) Purchased 8.0 upgrade online and downloaded.

In Creator Classic 8.0 I checked the version number (801B16A ENU)

When I attempt to use the "Update" function I receive the message:

“The update service did not find updates to your application”

Based on the posts I have read it seems there should be an updated my 8.0 product, however I am unable to get my updated to function. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

12 answers to this question

I have Easy Media Creator 7.5 and 8.0 installed and I continue to use both products. I have been trying to perform an upgrade to the latest release of 8.0, however it does not appear to work. My purchase history is as follows:

Based on the posts I have read it seems there should be an updated my 8.0 product, however I am unable to get my updated to function. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I was also wondering about these updates, I found different ones on roxio.com and another on roxio.co.uk.

here is an update for 801B16A http://www.roxio.com/en/support/uk/emc8/so...updatesv8.jhtml I hope this helps as all this roxio 8 is very confusing.

By the way I have gone back to 7.5 as Sonic have wrecked it it doesnt work.

How would you know if you had the 8.05 boxed edition? I just received my copy of EMC 8 today, and the outside of the box says ver C. The version listed when I select "about" is not 8.05, but it is more than 8.0. The update manager says no updates are available, but I am having problems with some modules, so wonder if I do have the latest update. Thanks!

As a last addon here, these are the only current updates i know of for the version 8.0 range.

Easy Media Creator 8.00 (Standard Version)

1. Boxed OEM version 8.00 - has the main 112mb update file for it off this site (takes it to 8.05).

2. Downloaded version USA NTSC 8.05 has no Major updates at this time.

3. Downloaded version UK PAL 8.05 version - has an update via on-line update (only for the UK version).

Easy Media Creator 8.05 Deluxe (New Version Released 15th March)

1. Boxed OEM Version 8.05 - No Updates out

2. Downloaded version USA 8.05 - No Updates out.

3. Downloaded version UK 8.05 - No Updates out.

this is just a Gide, and there are fix's posted for things within the apps by Roxio staff that fix small issues and don't count as a service pack, see the top of the forum for these or look in the software updates or in the support part of the main Roxio site.

Sorry Roxio if these are not perfectly correct.

If you did not find one with the Update function, then there are none.

How would you know if you had the 8.05 boxed edition? I just received my copy of EMC 8 today, and the outside of the box says ver C. The version listed when I select "about" is not 8.05, but it is more than 8.0. The update manager says no updates are available, but I am having problems with some modules, so wonder if I do have the latest update. Thanks!

As a last addon here, these are the only current updates i know of for the version 8.0 range.

1. Boxed OEM version 8.00 - has the main 112mb update file for it off this site (takes it to 8.05).

3. Downloaded version UK PAL 8.05 version - has an update via on-line update (only for the UK version).

this is just a Gide, and there are fix's posted for things within the apps by Roxio staff that fix small issues and don't count as a service pack, see the top of the forum for these or look in the software updates or in the support part of the main Roxio site.

Boxed Retail Version has the update available, as does the UK version of 8.0. I have no clue what the OEM is, but in layman's terms, that means Original Equipment Manufactuer, which is not the same as what Retail means when you purchase things off of the internet.

As Bruce has said , and also just for your info, the upgrade 100 meg file off this site is only for the OEM boxed version of the product, if you have tryed to install that one on the downloaded version , then it will can out as you already have the up-to-date version.

but also as Bruce has said, that when there is a new service pack/update, then you will be able to download it with the online update tool if it is available..

other than that you have the 8.05 version.

Boxed Retail Version has the update available, as does the UK version of 8.0. I have no clue what the OEM is, but in layman's terms, that means Original Equipment Manufactuer, which is not the same as what Retail means when you purchase things off of the internet.

Sorry Bruce, the OEM , was ment as a off the sales shelf boxed version.... im so used to talking OEM at work that it just came through here...

1. Boxed version 8.00 - has the main 112mb update file for it off this site (takes it to 8.05).

1. Boxed Version 8.05 - No Updates out

2. Downloaded version USA NTSC - No Updates out.

3. Downloaded version UK PAL- No Updates out.

Basicly... if you have a boxed version (bort off the shelf in a shop or bort online and they sent you the whole boxed version) comes in a box and has a cd and book?? like below

And if you have the downloaded version , you got the files via an email that was sent to you, and you downloaed the files via the internet...

So addressed above should answer your questions...

Please note, DONT install or try to install the UK update if you are not using the PAL side on your TV or video , as there are fix's in it just for the UK side of video

So if you have downloaed it , then the answer for you is NO, there are no updates out yet, and if it is the BOXed version then the update should work on the install. if that service pack is not for your version it will tell tell you when you go to install it..... and when there are updates you will see them show as a message in your Roxio product when you open it (as long as internet is active)

or when you run online update in the product...

Archived