• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

huskertko1

Selective Install?

Question

I have V9 that I was using on my old computer, but just got a new laptop, and all I want to use from Roxio is Videowave for editing and MyDVD for burning dvd's. Can I just install those two programs and if not what are the minimum programs that will need to be install for Roxio to work? I am running Windows Vista Premium, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.2 Ghz with 4 MB cache, 256 mb video card. Also my version of the Suite package were purchased over a year ago, is it still Vista Compatible?

1 answer to this question

Hello,

If you want just Videowave and MyDVD installed in V9.x, try a custom install and just install those while disabling the installation of each of the other components. Here's the list you're shown. Everything you don't want, you have to click on the relevant button and disable.

post-208-1200903581.jpg

If your V9 was bought over a year ago I expect it will be version 9.0 which is not fully Vista compliant. Version 9.1 is compliant.

When version 9.1 came out purchasers of the download version were given 9.1, but there was not going to be an update for buyers of the boxed version.

An "update patch to 9.1" is now available on Roxio's software updates page, but it is actually a full version 9.1 wrapped in a somewhat buggy installer envelope.

You have to run it against your installed version 9.0, and hopefully it will check your number; then uninstall 9.0; and then install 9.1.

This means you have to install 9.0 in Vista, and then run the "patch" to uninstall it again and install 9.1. The "patch" is 670MB to 685MBs, depending on whether you're updating 9.0 Suite or 9.0 Deluxe.

Regards,

Brendon