abjs

Roxio Creator & Mydvd 9.0 De Fails To Open

Question

Hi

When I try to open Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE on my Dell M1330/Vista, only the opening "label" appears, the CPU goes to 100% to open the app and that's it! I have reinstalled to no effect. The laptop is a month old with 4 MB of RAM so I am expecting better!

I'd welcome any ideas thanks...

9 answers to this question

Hello,

I'm not wanting to turn you away - you're very welcome here - but you're running the Dell Edition that Dell have bundled with your new machine, and few if any of the people here will have seen that version.

You should be checking with your suppliers for the needed support. Dell have similar forums for their customers, and you're more likely to reach people familiar with the Dell software there. I wish you success.

Brendon

Thanks Brendon - I am currently listening to muzak on Dell XPS Support. The software is covered by warranty, so I'll be patient :rolleyes:B)

Cheers

Barry

Hello,

I'm not wanting to turn you away - you're very welcome here - but you're running the Dell Edition that Dell have bundled with your new machine, and few if any of the people here will have seen that version.

You should be checking with your suppliers for the needed support. Dell have similar forums for their customers, and you're more likely to reach people familiar with the Dell software there. I wish you success.

Brendon

Thanks Brendon - I am currently listening to muzak on Dell XPS Support. The software is covered by warranty, so I'll be patient :rolleyes:B)

Cheers

Barry

Thanks Brendon - I am currently listening to

Thanks Brendon - I am currently listening to muzak on Dell XPS Support. The software is covered by warranty, so I'll be patient

abjs wrote:

Thanks Brendon - I am currently listening to muzak on Dell XPS Support. The software is covered by warranty, so I'll be patient

Hi:

My Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 is doing the same thing. I only have my computer 5 days. I'm running XP and the software was factory installed from Dell. No software warranty from Dell, only Hardware. They want me to pay them $129 to resolve the issue. I did work with a tech (under the hardware warranty) for about an hour but to no avail. Uninstalled, reinstalled, the whole 9 yards. They did seem to pinpoint the problem area (RoxioCentral33.exe file). When you disable that file you're able to access the Roxio program by clicking "projects" in the "all programs window" from the start menu and then burn a disk. I want to uninstall the thing and install another software package but the software tech I spoke to at Dell seems to think it might happen again and that there may be some conflict going on between programs. It seems that this may have started a couple of days ago when I installed itunes to manage my music. I've also contacted Roxio and I received one response . The recommendation they offered me did not help and I contacted them again and am waiting for a reply. Have you resolved the issue yet?

Just an update for anyone that is having this problem. After having worked once again with Dell support and getting nowhere and not getting any help from Roxio support, I removed the entire program from my computer. I'm done! I downloaded a free program from NCH (Express Burn). They offer an upgraded package as well. I'm familiar with their products, I use other ones as well, and I'm very happy with it. I'm burning both audio and data discs without a problem. Haven't tried DVDs yet but I don't foresee any problems there either. I think Dell has to look into this if they're going to continue to install the software on their new computers.

Just an update for anyone that is having this problem. After having worked once again with Dell support and getting nowhere and not getting any help from Roxio support, I removed the entire program from my computer. I'm done! I downloaded a free program from NCH (Express Burn). They offer an upgraded package as well. I'm familiar with their products, I use other ones as well, and I'm very happy with it. I'm burning both audio and data discs without a problem. Haven't tried DVDs yet but I don't foresee any problems there either. I think Dell has to look into this if they're going to continue to install the software on their new computers.

You didn't pay for your Dell edition either. Don't let the iTunes or the door, hit you on the way out.

Were just fellow users on here, tell Dell.

Hi,

My DVD 9.0 DE opens but when I try to add movies or slides the program stops. The program was working fine until I updated to Windows XP service pack 2 and I installed itunes. Does anybody have an idea was it is going on with the program?

Hi,

My DVD 9.0 DE opens but when I try to add movies or slides the program stops. The program was working fine until I updated to Windows XP service pack 2 and I installed itunes. Does anybody have an idea was it is going on with the program?

I'd put money on the iTunes killing it. See Post #5 of this thread.

Edited by grandpabruce