Merging 2 Video Wave Files

Puddle of ink

Question

9 answers to this question

I have made 3 videowave Slideshows and want to know if there is a way to combined all three into 1 or is it even possible??

If you're not planning to do any more editing after merging them, you can output each production as mpg. Then open a new Videowave production and bring in all those mpg files. This is one way to do it. Others may suggest other ways.

This topic is about 4 years old so I'm hoping some improvements in videowave have been made to make this more user friendly. I want to build a very large 600 photo movie and want to do it in pieces(productions). Is there any way to add several productions into videowave and then save them as one production. Thank you

Jerry

This topic is about 4 years old so I'm hoping some improvements in videowave have been made to make this more user friendly. I want to build a very large 600 photo movie and want to do it in pieces(productions). Is there any way to add several productions into videowave and then save them as one production. Thank you

Jerry

Did the method described not work for you? If you mean to combine project files then into one project using Videowave then no that cannot be done. Doing the project in stages is of course a good idea.

A 600 photo slideshow is a very large project and does not leave very much time for each photo in a 60 minute show since that is all that will fit on a DVD using the best quality.

I don't know what improvements you are talking about. EMC 10 is 5 years/versions old and there have been improvements, etc made with each new version which is currently at Roxio Creator 2012.

If you're not planning to do any more editing after merging them, you can output each production as mpg. Then open a new Videowave production and bring in all those mpg files. This is one way to do it. Others may suggest other ways.

Yes it's possible...saved my project as iso file and then burn..

merging 3 mpeg files and a slideshow with background music..

and playback's fine on PC and TV/DVD.

:)

My question has been answered. I was hoping to avoid the step of converting each project into a movie then importing the movies into mydvd. I do build large projects into multiple constructs. So what you are saying is not a big deal, just a little inconvenient. I usually try to keep my slide shows to under 30 minutes(my estimate for a bored audience). I set each slide to show for 3.5 seconds. Given some transitions and titles that means a project of about 425 photos for a half hour. This one is abnormally long since it is a 5 week European trip with multiple families. So I will be using chapters and probably writing to blu-ray.

Thanks for the answer

Jerry

My question has been answered. I was hoping to avoid the step of converting each project into a movie then importing the movies into mydvd. I do build large projects into multiple constructs. So what you are saying is not a big deal, just a little inconvenient. I usually try to keep my slide shows to under 30 minutes(my estimate for a bored audience). I set each slide to show for 3.5 seconds. Given some transitions and titles that means a project of about 425 photos for a half hour. This one is abnormally long since it is a 5 week European trip with multiple families. So I will be using chapters and probably writing to blu-ray.

Thanks for the answer

Jerry

Actually I find it a whole lot more convenient to do a project in stages. At some point all of the projects have to be rendered. If you were able to "merge" project files then every time you make a change in a project and render the whole project, all the projects have to be rendered again. Using the mpg file method, only the project that was changed needs to be rendered again. For large projects the time saved outweighs the so-called inconvenience.

Archived