Sign in to follow this  
watts

Burning Problems

Question

I have been using popcorn for a very long time for backing up DVDs, but i have recently upgraded to popcorn 3 because i have many small files on my hard drive that i wanted to burn onto one dvd, but never could before. i converted all these files to ts_video folders, and when i go to burn a compilation disc everything seems okay, but then i get an error message saying "sense key=illegal request sense code= 0 x 21, 0 x 02 BUFFER UNDERBURN".

Of course i didnt know what that meant, so i looked it up and some people had the same problem. the advice given to them was to try a different brand of DVD, so i did that. i got a different error message, and the disc didnt burn properly again! so now, after wasting many DVDs, i have come to the experts for help. does anyone know what to do?

(i have already tried to do it as a disc image, but that doesn't work either)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

~~watts.

5 answers to this question

I have been using popcorn for a very long time for backing up DVDs, but i have recently upgraded to popcorn 3 because i have many small files on my hard drive that i wanted to burn onto one dvd, but never could before. i converted all these files to ts_video folders, and when i go to burn a compilation disc everything seems okay, but then i get an error message saying "sense key=illegal request sense code= 0 x 21, 0 x 02 BUFFER UNDERBURN".

Of course i didnt know what that meant, so i looked it up and some people had the same problem. the advice given to them was to try a different brand of DVD, so i did that. i got a different error message, and the disc didnt burn properly again! so now, after wasting many DVDs, i have come to the experts for help. does anyone know what to do?

(i have already tried to do it as a disc image, but that doesn't work either)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

~~watts.

Please guide me through the steps you followed. I don't understand the part where you say you converted the files to VIDEO_TS folders. The way this is done in Popcorn 3 is choosing Video Files as the format under the DVD list of formats, adding your source videos (not from VIDEO_TS folders, however) setting up the menu the way you want and clicking the burn button (or choosing Save as Disc Image from the File menu). If your videos are in an existing VIDEO_TS folder then you didn't need to upgrade to Popcorn 3. If I understood better the steps you followed I may be able to figure out what's going wrong.

Please guide me through the steps you followed. I don't understand the part where you say you converted the files to VIDEO_TS folders. The way this is done in Popcorn 3 is choosing Video Files as the format under the DVD list of formats, adding your source videos (not from VIDEO_TS folders, however) setting up the menu the way you want and clicking the burn button (or choosing Save as Disc Image from the File menu). If your videos are in an existing VIDEO_TS folder then you didn't need to upgrade to Popcorn 3. If I understood better the steps you followed I may be able to figure out what's going wrong.

Okay, the first thing i did was convert avi files so they were in a video_ts folder.

then in popcorn i drag them into popcorn to make a compilation DVD

in the middle of burning i get that message everytime.

that's pretty much all that has happened, but it never works.

i've used popcorn a million times, but this is the first time i've ever had a problem, so hopefully this helps you. thanks!

Okay, the first thing i did was convert avi files so they were in a video_ts folder.

then in popcorn i drag them into popcorn to make a compilation DVD

in the middle of burning i get that message everytime.

that's pretty much all that has happened, but it never works.

i've used popcorn a million times, but this is the first time i've ever had a problem, so hopefully this helps you. thanks!

What did you use to create the VIDEO_TS folder? Why didn't you just put the AVI files in Popcorn using the DVD-Video setting?

I'm guessing you used the VIDEO_TS Compilation setting in Popcorn to merge the contents of the VIDEO_TS folders into a single DVD. How many folders were there and what were their total size? What format is the audio track - PCM or MPEG or AC3?

Try this: Choose Save as Disc Image from the File menu. When that is finished choose the disc image using the Image File setting in Popcorn (under the DVD heading). Then burn your DVD. That may work without your needing to answer any of my questions.

What did you use to create the VIDEO_TS folder? Why didn't you just put the AVI files in Popcorn using the DVD-Video setting?

I'm guessing you used the VIDEO_TS Compilation setting in Popcorn to merge the contents of the VIDEO_TS folders into a single DVD. How many folders were there and what were their total size? What format is the audio track - PCM or MPEG or AC3?

Try this: Choose Save as Disc Image from the File menu. When that is finished choose the disc image using the Image File setting in Popcorn (under the DVD heading). Then burn your DVD. That may work without your needing to answer any of my questions.

I tried doing it just as avis, and it seemed to have worked. thanks for the help! i dont know why i didnt think of that before...