Error Encoding Movie In Mydvd 8

josiespencer247@sbcglobal.net

Question

Hi. I need help please. I've looked everywhere and can't find a solution to my problem. I have a Gateway

desktop computer with XP Home installed, and I am trying to burn a project to DVD using MyDVD 8.

However, when I try to do so, it gives me the message: 80004154 Error While Encoding Movie

I know there is a hotfix for the Error While Encoding Menu, but is there a solution to my error message.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

8 answers to this question

What vid card do you have? You should try hardware rendering and see if that helps. If you notice other problems, you can change it back. Unless you have a 'weak' card, you should have no problems with the hardware setting.

Where did you see that you have 496 mb of ram?

I right clicked on my computer and then properties, and under general info is where I found my system specs. So, I switched to hardware rendering and still no luck. By the way, I have an Intel 82865G Graphics Controller with a current display mode of 1024 x 768

I right clicked on my computer and then properties, and under general info is where I found my system specs. So, I switched to hardware rendering and still no luck. By the way, I have an Intel 82865G Graphics Controller with a current display mode of 1024 x 768

With a nice computer like you have, you need to get a real video card. Yours is an onboard video card and does not support all of the necessary features of DirectX that the software requires.

Hi. I need help please. I've looked everywhere and can't find a solution to my problem. I have a Gateway

desktop computer with XP Home installed, and I am trying to burn a project to DVD using MyDVD 8.

However, when I try to do so, it gives me the message: 80004154 Error While Encoding Movie

I know there is a hotfix for the Error While Encoding Menu, but is there a solution to my error message.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Did you try the hotfix just in case it helps?

I did actually, thinking it might help, but it didn't.

I noticed that when I click on the burn icon, the screen where I was editing my project goes black.

Is that normal?

Check a setting for me please. Go to Tools/Options and tell me what your rendering is set to. Also, please list more of your computer specs.

I checked, and it shows render using: Software

Also, I have a Pentium 4 CPU

3.06 GHz, 496 MB of RAM

I have a 114 GB hard drive capacity

What vid card do you have? You should try hardware rendering and see if that helps. If you notice other problems, you can change it back. Unless you have a 'weak' card, you should have no problems with the hardware setting.

Where did you see that you have 496 mb of ram?

Archived