Cd Text On Hp Dvd 740i

dealwithit_1

Question

I just installed the HP DVD 740i in my system, upgraded from the 640i. Now it doesn't write CD Text. Had no problem with the 640i. THe Device Utility shows Red X's under can Read or Write CD Text. I know this drive DOES have this capability, and it writes text using Nero. Is this a problem with Roxio and this drive?

3 answers to this question

Yes, already running latest firmware

In addition, I should note that even though the Device Utility says it can not read CD Text, it does read it from discs I had burned in the past. It doesn't, however, write new ones with text

I too have the same problem with HP740b, but not with the 640 which worked perfectly.

Yes all firmwares and software are up to date and the check box is marked for Cd-text

end up with this

track 01

track 02 etc...

Also running Nero and writes CD-text with the 740b perfectly.

Play in cdplayer or in the car-see track01 etc..

First thing to do is make sure that no matter how new the drive is that it has the latest version of firmware on it.This is where the info comes from.

According to the HP site the newest is from 3/3/06.Version is HJ24

First thing to do is make sure that no matter how new the drive is that it has the latest version of firmware on it.This is where the info comes from.

According to the HP site the newest is from 3/3/06.Version is HJ24

In addition, I should note that even though the Device Utility says it can not read CD Text, it does read it from discs I had burned in the past. It doesn't, however, write new ones with text

Archived