• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
andyloc

My Dvd-why Do I Not Get Any Items To Add In "effect Selector"?

Question

Hi making my 1st DVD. I have v805 updated UK boxed version.

I have added a movie file no prob.

I wanted to add some credits at the end, the help file instructed me to goto "Effect selector" and selct add text, however on any of the tabs in the "Effect slector" within the windows it states "There are no items to show in this view"

I have installed everything bar the dag to disc, and have installed the content disk to the HDD.

In Fact just clicked loads of others and they all say the same "There are no items to show in this view", ie add overlay, add text effect, add transistion etc.

Please help

Edited by andyloc

6 answers to this question

Hi making my 1st DVD. I have v805 updated UK boxed version.

I have added a movie file no prob.

I wanted to add some credits at the end, the help file instructed me to goto "Effect selector" and selct add text, however on any of the tabs in the "Effect slector" within the windows it states "There are no items to show in this view"

I have installed everything bar the dag to disc, and have installed the content disk to the HDD.

In Fact just clicked loads of others and they all say the same "There are no items to show in this view", ie add overlay, add text effect, add transistion etc.

Please help

Try adding a color panel at the end of the production, and see if you can add the text to the panel. That is the way it is usually done.

Try adding a color panel at the end of the production, and see if you can add the text to the panel. That is the way it is usually done.

thanks for the help, but why is virtually everything saying nothing to show?

Do you hve to be in the correct section or something 1st to add stuff? ie transistions, credits or text or whatever?

thanks for the help, but why is virtually everything saying nothing to show?

Do you hve to be in the correct section or something 1st to add stuff? ie transistions, credits or text or whatever?

Did you try adding the color panel??????????????????

You weren't very clear about what steps you took to get the "There are no items to show in this view" message. Since you are in MyDVD, the only time the 'Effects Selector' is available is when you click EDIT MOVIE.

Launch MyDVD

Load your project file with video

Click once on the video thumbnail

Click on EDIT MOVIE

Insert color panel at the END

You can either use the Effect Selector or just click on ADD TEXT EFFECT.

Then position the text so it will be on the color panel or it may be easier to double click on the color panel and insert the text on the internal track only.

post-49-1142469190.jpg

Ok thanks for the reply but I still have a problem.

I done as you said and added a colour panel which I can now see, however I click add text or add effect and it is still blank, (sorry was going to add a screenshot but asked for a url how do I post a pic please?)

basically when the clour panel is displayed I click the add effect and it comes up, "There are no items to show in this view"

please help

ps also I fI ever get some credits going can you have them scrolling up like films? if so how?

Credits: yes, that is the preset text in my screenshot.

Sounds like something is corrupt. You may ahve to uninstall and reinstall EMC8.