• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

hexe

Black Border Around Photos

Question

Hi,

I scanned lots of slides in and try to produce a slideshow (EMC 7.5 or EMC8) in videowave. My images all have black edges somewhere around. Is there a way in Roxio to eliminate this black borders (batch work) and make them disappear for watching on TV or Computer in a fast way?

Thank you

Irmi

5 answers to this question

Hi,

I scanned lots of slides in and try to produce a slideshow (EMC 7.5 or EMC8) in videowave. My images all have black edges somewhere around. Is there a way in Roxio to eliminate this black borders (batch work) and make them disappear for watching on TV or Computer in a fast way?

Thank you

Irmi

I dont know cure but cause could be with the slide framing or the scan framing. I used "Slide to Photo" with slide projector & digital camera & I got a lotta black, especially on pics that thad to be turned veertical

Hi,

Thank you

Irmi

When I scanned slides many had thin black edges due to the slides not being exactly centered. Is that what you're experiencing?

For TV viewing those edges may not even show up at all due to overscan. Can you try a DVD-RW burn and see?

Or you can always apply an overlay to hide them.

Or burn your project as-is to a best quality mpeg. Start VideoWave again and insert the mpeg slideshow. Right-click the mpeg, select Edit, then Motion Pictures. Adjust the Size slider to 98%? 95%? to zoom the video just a little bit to hide the edges. Click the Preview radio button, play it and see if that works for you.

Lance

Hi,

Thank you

Irmi

If you want to eliminate it, in Videowave, go to the storyline view. Right click on the clip you want to change, then select "edit", and "motion pictures". On the right side of the window that appears, drag the slider for the "Size" and a dotted line will appear in the preview area. The area that is within the dotted line box is the area that will appear in your slide show.

Hi,

Thank you

Irmi

If you are familiar with Photoshop, you could also use it to clip the borders, but you would want to make a new copy of the photos first, in a different directory, so you don't mess up your scanned images. It might be possible to define an ACTION that would clip the photos to the proportions needed, and then use the BATCH command to perform the ACTION on all of the photos in a specific directory. This would be a very fast way to change all of the photos, but could be dangerous if you aren't familiar with the software.

Jwstanek has one solution to getting rid of the black border around a particular slide (Videowave-Storyline view-Edit--Motion pictures and then use the framing option to reduce the slide from 100 % to a lesser dimension, However in doing so you will loose a lot of the original photos appearance, depending on much you have to crop it.

Frank....