• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Background Music/audio Track Skips During Playback

mvpspc911

Question

I completed my video slideshow and added background music tracks. When I review it on the computer it plays fine but when I burned it to DVD and played it back through my TV/DVD the music tracks sometime skip. The pictures do not skip only the music tracks & then only periodically. I am using DVD-R 16x DVD's by Memorex. Can anyone advise me as to why this might be happening and what I can do to correct the problem? I really appreciate any help anyone can offer. I am a new user of VideoWave 7.

Thanks, Mark

6 answers to this question

It has been my experience that if you burn DVD movies at a rate faster than 8x, you can experience problems. When I burn mine, I actually won't burn faster than 6x, and when I burn my daughter's home video movies, I don't burn faster than 4x, or her set top player has problems.

Fast media is good for burning data, but the ability of set top DVD players, to recognize "home brewed" movies, is still in its infancy. Slow down your burns, and you may have better luck.

It has been my experience that if you burn DVD movies at a rate faster than 8x, you can experience problems. When I burn mine, I actually won't burn faster than 6x, and when I burn my daughter's home video movies, I don't burn faster than 4x, or her set top player has problems.

Fast media is good for burning data, but the ability of set top DVD players, to recognize "home brewed" movies, is still in its infancy. Slow down your burns, and you may have better luck.

Thanks Bruce

It depends on your DVD players as some accept both + (Plus) and -(Minus) and some are rated for one or the other. The speed is depending on your burner and firmware. Firmware is the instructions for the burner.

One thing you may want to check is if there is any firmware updates for your burner. If you don't know how to do this, would it be possible to give me the name and model number of your burner. If you are unable to do this and I will give you additional steps in order to obtain this information, if needed.

Information about media,burners etc can be obtained by visiting videohelp.com. There is a wealth of information on this web site.

As I stated in my earlier post, Memorex is not the best media. I had a lot of troubles with it myself as well as others who visit these boards. I would guess that the memorex media is you problem here.

Jeff,

I'm not sure I know that information. I just got the computer from Dell about 5 months ago. The paperwork says its a 16x DVD+/- RW Drive. It also mentions Power DVD Software Decoding for DVD Drives. Does any of that info. help?

Guest mlpasley
The paperwork says its a 16x DVD+/- RW Drive. It also mentions Power DVD Software Decoding for DVD Drives.

You are able to burn both + R and - R DVDs with that burner. You might want to try the Dell website and see if they have any recommendations on which brand of DVDs will work best with that burner.

Then follow the other suggestions and see which type ( + or - ) your DVD player will play. Even though some DVD players say that they will play both, I've found that the some burners won't play both types and it doesn't depend on how much you've paid for the player.

Also, make certain ALL of the burned side of the DVD are free of dust and fingerprints (even the outside edge).

Also, the internal memory of the DVD player can affect the playback. I had a friend with an older DVD player that complained of it hesitating on that player, but the same DVD played correctly on a newer DVD player.

So basically, you've got to experiment with DVDs and burn speed to get the correct output. We've all got 'coasters' on our shelves from experimenting.

It may be the media. Have you tried a different brrand. I had troubles w/ Memorex in the past.

Thanks Jeff I'll try a different brand of DVD's. Could it possibly be the DVD-R 16x format I'm using vs. lets say 8x or 12x? I was told at Best Buy to use the DVD-R vs. DVD+R media because they record slower which you need for music tracks. Is this true?

Thanks, Mark

It depends on your DVD players as some accept both + (Plus) and -(Minus) and some are rated for one or the other. The speed is depending on your burner and firmware. Firmware is the instructions for the burner.

One thing you may want to check is if there is any firmware updates for your burner. If you don't know how to do this, would it be possible to give me the name and model number of your burner. If you are unable to do this and I will give you additional steps in order to obtain this information, if needed.

Information about media,burners etc can be obtained by visiting videohelp.com. There is a wealth of information on this web site.

As I stated in my earlier post, Memorex is not the best media. I had a lot of troubles with it myself as well as others who visit these boards. I would guess that the memorex media is you problem here.

Archived