• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

jjmelch

Can't Read Mp4 Itunes Files

Question

5 answers to this question

When I tried to make a cd from MP4 files they don't show up in the file list. Am I doing something wrong??

Since you mentioned ITunes in the subject line, I'm going to guess that these are music files you purchased from them. That would mean that they 'protected' from being used in the manner you are trying to by DRM (digital rights) copy protection. Per the agreement when purchased, you would only have 'rights' to listen to them on a pc, an approved player (i.e. Ipod), or burn them to a cd. So you'll need to use ITunes to burn a cd with those files on it.

Since you mentioned ITunes in the subject line, I'm going to guess that these are music files you purchased from them. That would mean that they 'protected' from being used in the manner you are trying to by DRM (digital rights) copy protection. Per the agreement when purchased, you would only have 'rights' to listen to them on a pc, an approved player (i.e. Ipod), or burn them to a cd. So you'll need to use ITunes to burn a cd with those files on it.

Thanks, That is exactly the problem. I didn't realize I could only burn the CDs with Itunes.

Once you burn them to a cd you can go back and rip them onto your harddrive in a different format and then mix them with other tunes onto different cd's.

Once you burn them to a cd you can go back and rip them onto your harddrive in a different format and then mix them with other tunes onto different cd's.

Thanks, I'll do that.

When I tried to make a cd from MP4 files they don't show up in the file list. Am I doing something wrong??

I have been able to convert MP4 to MP3 by going into ITunes, Edit, then Perferences and on the Advanced Tab you'll find the Importing tab, change the Import Using field from ACC to MP3 and then convert your MP4's to MP3 as you would as if you were converting your CD's