Eric S.

Bsod On Disk Eject After Using Dla

Question

Lately, I've been getting a blue screen crash after ejecting a disk. It seems to happen only after I've used DLA write to a disk. Doesn't happen after I've burned a disk.

I am using Norton Anti Virus 2007. I've searched through the forum and I've found that it might be related to Norton AV, but I couldn't really find a good solution. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

- Eric S.

12 answers to this question

How are you ejecting the disc? Are you using right-click > eject, or are you simply using the eject button on the burner?

Lynn

WinXP believes it can do things when it's darn good-and-ready, unlike older systems that did it when told to.

That means, it will write things when it chooses to, including information on a formatted disc and the TOC [Table of Contents] thereof. If you push the button to eject the disc before it gets around to it, it won't be completed, and thereafter is likely to cause a BSOD. That applies to Zip discs as well as Packet-Writing, and is how my Zip drives were damaged.

I'd suggest you get any data you need back off the disc in question (if you still can).

If it is data you want to keep, use a Sessions-based program such as the Data disc application in Sonic, or the built-in WinXP burning ability. It is possible to write multi-session discs if you don't check the box to close it afterward, altho there is an "overhead" of arouond 15MB for the first session and 10MB for each session thereafter.

If you want a "great-big floppy-disc", I'd suggst a Flash drive (aka Thumb / Jump / Keychain / Pen drive).

Lynn

Well, the thing is, it used to work just fine. I used DLA for years without this BSOD problem. It's only recently that it started doing it. So something recently changed to cause the problem. Maybe my disk drive is going bad. (I don't think so because it burns disks just fine). Or maybe it's because I upgraded my Norton Anti Virus last year. (I saw some posts on this forum that NAV may cause a problem with DLA). Or maybe it's some other software I've recently installed.

I get that you're not a fan of DLA. Yes, I know I have other alternatives. But I'd really like just like to use this software that I already have and that used to work fine back to it's working state.

Anyone else have any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Thanks.

- Eric S.

Well, the thing is, it used to work just fine. I used DLA for years without this BSOD problem. It's only recently that it started doing it. So something recently changed to cause the problem. Maybe my disk drive is going bad. (I don't think so because it burns disks just fine). Or maybe it's because I upgraded my Norton Anti Virus last year. (I saw some posts on this forum that NAV may cause a problem with DLA). Or maybe it's some other software I've recently installed.

I get that you're not a fan of DLA. Yes, I know I have other alternatives. But I'd really like just like to use this software that I already have and that used to work fine back to it's working state.

Anyone else have any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Thanks.

- Eric S.

What Sonic program do you have?, what O/S, have you tried doing a repair thru Add/Remove programs.

I have Sonic RecordNow 7.1, Sonic MyDVD 5.3, and Sonic DLA (not sure how to check the version, since it doesn't really have a UI). I'll try the repair option on Sonic DLA and see what happens.

Thanks.

- Eric S.

I tried the repair option. Didn't help. I still get the Blue Screen crash when I eject the disk after using DLA.

Thanks.

- Eric S.

I have Sonic RecordNow 7.1, Sonic MyDVD 5.3, and Sonic DLA (not sure how to check the version, since it doesn't really have a UI). I'll try the repair option on Sonic DLA and see what happens.

Thanks.

- Eric S.

I've just spent the better part of a day trying to troubleshoot same problem before I finally realized DLA was causing the "Blue Screen" on eject. I've been using same software for several years without a problem until recently so I'm wondering if it could be associated with a recent Microsoft update. Seem to be quite a few discussions of similar problems on various news groups without much of a resolution other than to uninstall DLA or disable TFSWCTRL.EXE which, I believe, does the same thing. Just logged on here looking for a better solution. As you noted, however, this is something that just developed recently and is affecting quite a few people.

It developed on YOUR COMPUTER recently.

It's part of the territory for Packet-Writing - Sonic's DLA, Roxio's Drag2Disc, Nero's InCD, etc.

I've been there, done that - and nobody could tell me otherwise until the formatted disc failed. And I stand by what I said earlier.

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109

Lately, I've been getting a blue screen crash after ejecting a disk. It seems to happen only after I've used DLA write to a disk. Doesn't happen after I've burned a disk.

I am using Norton Anti Virus 2007. I've searched through the forum and I've found that it might be related to Norton AV, but I couldn't really find a good solution. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

- Eric S.

I have had a similar problem and am wondering if you have been able to resolve yours?

Thanks,

wcwoma

I have had a similar problem and am wondering if you have been able to resolve yours?

Thanks,

wcwoma

I get the BSoD only on certain disks (all have been formatted with Sonic DLA Ver 1.0.48.0

To find version, go the the program folder -> sonic folder (or where ever you stored the program files) - right click on the setup.exe icon -> properties -> version.

I get the BSoD on those disks no matter how long I have waited before ejecting (either clicking on eject or pressing the eject button on the drive.

Maybe the writing takes place exactly) when the disk is being ejected.

BTW the error message is: STOP 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, Josef, 0xbacfbc30, 0xbacfb92c)

Sometimes the second set of hex is 0xbacf3c30, 0xbacf392c

I get the BSoD only on certain disks (all have been formatted with Sonic DLA Ver 1.0.48.0

To find version, go the the program folder -> sonic folder (or where ever you stored the program files) - right click on the setup.exe icon -> properties -> version.

I get the BSoD on those disks no matter how long I have waited before ejecting (either clicking on eject or pressing the eject button on the drive.

Maybe the writing takes place exactly) when the disk is being ejected.

BTW the error message is: STOP 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, Josef, 0xbacfbc30, 0xbacfb92c)

Sometimes the second set of hex is 0xbacf3c30, 0xbacf392c

I have the same problem when ejecting disc or closing window after using DLA. I was able to work around the BSOD by leaving the disc in the tray, opening Roxio Record Now Data, "Data Disc "and cliking the"load disc" button. It would eject the disc , saying "insert an appendable disc". After that process, I am able to close roxio and no BSOD. Roxio shows errors upon closing, but it closes and these error warnings have been showing up since a windows update a while back. The disc reads fine and the data is all good, but every time I want to eject it, I have to follow the above steps. Windows xp , home edition.