bz22

Dvd Recorder Not Recognized

Hi, I have a NEC ND-3550A DVD recorder and when I try to make a data dvd with Easy CD Creator Data DVD project it says that no supported DVD recorders were detected. I downloaded the updates but it still doesnt work. I can make CDs just fine but not DVDs.

Hi, I have a NEC ND-3550A DVD recorder and when I try to make a data dvd with Easy CD Creator Data DVD project it says that no supported DVD recorders were detected. I downloaded the updates but it still doesnt work. I can make CDs just fine but not DVDs.

Version 5 does not support Dual Layer burners, nor does Version 6. The first Roxio product to support D/L was Version 7.1.

Hi,

The ND3530A was the highest model of the ND35xx series which was recognized by Easy CD Creator 5.

I can give you a simple registry edit which will get the ND3550A recognized enough to write single-layer DATA DVDs, if you want.

I have ECDC 5.3.5.10 and the DVD burner NEC ND-3530A.

Recently ECDC has stopped recognising the DVD, even though Ulead Video Studio recognises it, and so does Windows XP. Any suggestions?

I have ECDC 5.3.5.10 and the DVD burner NEC ND-3530A.

Recently ECDC has stopped recognising the DVD, even though Ulead Video Studio recognises it, and so does Windows XP. Any suggestions?

Just to verify, you are saying that ECDC 5 was working fine making Data DVD's, and all of a sudden it stopped.

Also was your other program just added, or was it co-existing with Roxio ok?.

Just to verify, you are saying that ECDC 5 was working fine making Data DVD's, and all of a sudden it stopped.

Also was your other program just added, or was it co-existing with Roxio ok?.

Yes, I was using both ECDC and Ulead simultaneously. ECDC was fine creating data DVDs, but for some reason now only recognises a CD for output, not a DVD.

Hi,

The ND3530A was the highest model of the ND35xx series which was recognized by Easy CD Creator 5.

I can give you a simple registry edit which will get the ND3550A recognized enough to write single-layer DATA DVDs, if you want.

Brendon,

I will take your offer to get the regedit if you don't mind. Thanks

Brendon,

I will take your offer to get the regedit if you don't mind. Thanks

No problems, Luis.

-You need to have version 5.3.5.10, with the 535V DriveUp patch applied. That builds the right structures in the registry. What you're now going to do is modify the entry for the ND-3530A so it applies to the ND-3550A

1) Run Regedit, the Windows Registry editor

2) press ctrl-F to find something, and look for "device312" (without the quote marks)

3) when you find it, it should relate to a Philips burner. Press F3 to step to the next find.

4) You should now be at an entry dealing with the ND-3530A. It will contain the value . . .

"_NEC DVD_RW ND-3530A,_NEC,DVD_RW ND-3530A,DVD+-R/RW,cdrmmc.drv,178,,9"

5) doubleclick on device312, and an edit box will open containing that value.

6) edit it carefully to replace 3530A with 3550A in each of the two places it appears

7) click OK to complete the edit, and exit out of the editor

That's it, though you might need to restart Windows to force the Registry to be re-read before you try to use it.

Please let us know how this works for you.