• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Adding More Than One Videowave Project In One Title

paigedenman

Question

:) I asked a question yesterday about playing one title after another like I used to be able to do with emc 7.5. I received excellent advice...but now the issue continues!

I can make several slideshows in videowave, but then when I add them into a dvd project, each must be it's own move, I can't seem to add one after the other. My understanding is that without them being in one title, there is no way to play one after the other without it stopping and going back to the main menu.

Is there some other way to save the project so that it can be added?

I like the new stuff, but 7.5 sure seemed easier!

Thanks for any help I can get!

11 answers to this question

You add one dsmn by itself, and then add the next one by dragging it to the thumbnail button and it will add it to the same button

Ahhh, I got it. :) I was highlighting both at the same time and dragging them to the menu. Doing it one at a time works great.

Great trick to know and thanks again for responding. I learned something and I am sure others will benefit from this information.

You are correct. In your version, the only option is to return to the menu after each side show finishes playing. You didn't ask but in case you didn't know, in MyDVD, when you go to add the movies, select all the ones you want to play under one time at the same time and in the order you want them played. They will automatically be added together to the project under one thumbnail. Now you can add any others you want.

:) I asked a question yesterday about playing one title after another like I used to be able to do with emc 7.5. I received excellent advice...but now the issue continues!

I can make several slideshows in videowave, but then when I add them into a dvd project, each must be it's own move, I can't seem to add one after the other. My understanding is that without them being in one title, there is no way to play one after the other without it stopping and going back to the main menu.

Is there some other way to save the project so that it can be added?

I like the new stuff, but 7.5 sure seemed easier!

Thanks for any help I can get!

I tried that, but it didn't work...I selected more than one videowave project (2 slideshows) and tried to enter them as one on the add new movie button...it only picked up one of them??? I'm probably just doing it wrong?

I just went in and tried it again...and what happens is that it adds both but in seperate thumbnails...and then of course goes back to the main menu and does not keep on playing...

I don't understand why I can't go into the edit move, then add to the movie with more videowave slideshows, thereby getting one slideshow after another without stopping inbetween. I could do that using windows movie maker, and then add it in under one thumbnail, but I would not be able to use the cool new slideshow transitions that come with emc8.

:huh: It is making me crazy! :)

thanks for all your assistance!

You are correct. In your version, the only option is to return to the menu after each side show finishes playing. You didn't ask but in case you didn't know, in MyDVD, when you go to add the movies, select all the ones you want to play under one time at the same time and in the order you want them played. They will automatically be added together to the project under one thumbnail. Now you can add any others you want.

I tried that, but it didn't work...I selected more than one videowave project (2 slideshows) and tried to enter them as one on the add new movie button...it only picked up one of them??? I'm probably just doing it wrong?

I just went in and tried it again...and what happens is that it adds both but in seperate thumbnails...and then of course goes back to the main menu and does not keep on playing...

I don't understand why I can't go into the edit move, then add to the movie with more videowave slideshows, thereby getting one slideshow after another without stopping inbetween. I could do that using windows movie maker, and then add it in under one thumbnail, but I would not be able to use the cool new slideshow transitions that come with emc8.

I don't think you are doing it wrong. You can add only one dmsm file (Videowave project) to each title. What you will have to do is, in Videowave, output at least one of the two projects (you can do both if you want) to an MPEG2 or DV AVI file. Then in MyDVD, you will be able to add the dmsm file and the rendered video file to a single title. Similarly, if you have more than two projects to combine, all the files need to be video files (MPEG2, DV AVI) except one.

Hope that is clear and it helps

Try rendering them in VideoWave then add them.

You can add more than one dsmn project to one button by using the media selector instead of the add new movie button. It's wierd but it works

Can you give some specific steps? When I click View\Media Selector in MyDVD, highlight two dmsm file and drag them to the menu, I still get two buttons. Are you doing it differently?

:huh: I rendered one of the slideshows to a DV file and then was able to add it! Hip Hip Hooray!

I'm doing this project for a friend's wedding and was going crazy trying to figure it out!

Thanks for all your help (Everyone!)

:)

I'm very pleased with the quality of help you get on this site! Congrats to you all!

Archived